Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just topped off after my first full tank beyond that which came from the dealer. I couldn't be more pleased.
The Ody has about 450 miles and I can tell she's starting to loosen up already. I'm really enjoying this van. I've been running errands or just putzing around and have no complaint of any significance. I do have a slight "drift" (I wouldn't call it a pull exactly) to the right. After checking the service bulletin referenced elsewhere on this forum on that subject, I've determined, after several checks on many different roads, that my van fall outside the stated 6 second lane change time by about 1.5 seconds. I'll probably bring it up to the dealer at my first oil change but I don't really expect them to do much about it. We'll see.

I took this tank down until the low fuel light came on. In all of my previous vehicles that had a low fuel warning light, it would gently start to glow as the fuel level dropped. Not the Ody! One second, the light was off, the next it was ON! I pulled into a gas station about 1/4 mile up the road and put exactly 15.0 gallons in the tank. Looks like I'm on par with the rest of the group in that statistic. The odometer was reading 301.8 miles which works out to 20.1 mpg. Not bad for a new vehicle that's still under 500 miles on the odometer. I can certainly live with it!
For the record, this was approximately a 65/35 city/highway split. Since that's pretty much what most of my driving is, I'm very encouraged. I'll be taking the Ody to Indiana the second week of July. I'll let you know how it goes.

Drive Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got my GG 2001 EX on Friday, June 15th. At 250 miles and the fuel guage at 3/4 empty (but not the tank!), I filled it up and it only took 11.9 gallons. So, my mileage is about 21 mpg. So far, so good! JEFF

·
Registered
585 Posts
LOL!

That's almost exactly what I got on my first gas-up as well! Right between 20 & 21 and I'm at < 200 miles still...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts