Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time poster. We've four kids and a Yukon XL but rarely need the extra space and it's awful us on gas and would like to dump the big payment. My dad is a GM buff and in-laws are GM retirees so we're likely to get disowned but tired of messing with the quality issues.

We're looking at an Ody and am about to take a day to drive a few and wonder if there's anything I should look out for? The current top candidate is an 06 EX with 79K, asking $15k. Carfax is clean and looks flawless from the photos. Can anyone suggest things to look out for?

The same dealer has an 04 LX with just 97k for $8900 but not sure I want to go that old. How solid is that gen compared to the 05-10s? Any obvious gotchas on those?

Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
You need to spend some time researching on here. Quick summary - 99-04 transmissions - not good! The 05+ aren't without issues (PS problems, soft brakes, torque convertor issues) but I don't think I would let any of those issues keep me from buying. Just do some research so you know what to look for and what the issues may mean in terms of cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts