Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Our first Van. Had to do it. 4 kids. Past vehicles. 2008 BMW M3, 2009 BMW 135i and just got out of a 2011 BMW X5 3.5i sport to get into the 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Crystal Black, Truffle int. Big change from past vehicles. Been really happy with the Odyssey the past month. Had Hondas in the past so chose the Odyssey over the Sienna. Interior in the Odyssey far superior. Like the look and design. Family loves the Van. Only complaint is 6-speed should be offered across the board. Looking forward to owning the Odyssey in the years to come.
Aloha from Honolulu Hawaii

·
Registered
288 Posts
808 ODYSSEY-thought you might find this interesting. I never heard this before until I saw this post (from thread on tires for 2005+ Odys in Wheels and Tires)
Interestingly enough, I read that the design goal for the ride and handling for the Gen3 Odysseys was the BMW 5-series! :D Considering the enormous differences between the two platforms, I admit I'm pretty amazed every time I drive it how close they actually got.
I loved the 1993 323i my wife had when I first met her. She turned it in when the lease was over. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing that I did notice is the similar design as far as button format and layout of the interior of the Odyssey compared to BMW. BMW isn't a bad company to follow in terms of handling and driving characteristics. Well balanced ride. We still have another 2011 X5 3.5i sport. It handles very well when pushed. It squats down and just hugs the road. Handles like a car instead of a SUV and I have driven other high end SUV and no comparison. Even the Porsche. If Hondas design goal for the ride and handling for the Odyssey was the BMW 5 series than that is a good thing. I believe the Odyssey can hold it's own in terms of handling. I don't feel like I'm driving a van which is good. The suspension is a little soft but it is a van so don't expect it to handle like a sports car. If Honda up the transmission to say 6-7 maybe even 8 speed, It would do wonders for the Odyssey. The X5 currently has a 8 speed and it makes a whole lot of difference compared to the previous generation 6 speed but they changed the motor also anyway I think if there is one big improvement Honda can make to the Odyssey it's the Transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts