Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am expecting baby number 6 in a couple of months and am trying to make plans for fitting all the kids in the car at once! Here's what I'm working with:
for
The three oldest, 10, 8, and 8 are all out of booster seats, so just need a seat that is easily accessible.

Next, I have a 4 1/2 year old, in a front facing 5 point harness combination booster,

Then, an almost 2 year old that I need to purchase a convertible seat that will work rear facing for another year or so. She's about 26 pounds, so I'm not ready to front face her yet.

And finally, the new baby will inherit his sister's Graco Snugride 35 infant carrier. The question is where to put them all? The only thing I can come up with is putting the toddler rear facing, and the 4 year old front facing in the third row, with the infant in the driver side captains chair, leaving the passenger side captains chair available to slide forward so the big kids can access the one available seat in the back, plus the two seats in the second row. What I don't like about this is having my 2 year old rear facing WAY in the back... seems far, far away from me and a little challenging to get her in and out of the seat, seeing as how based on the size of most rear facing convertible seats, I would need to put her in the far back corner, driver side. Kinda hard to get to, no? I've considered the possibility of putting the infant and the toddler in the second row, using the plusOne seat for one or the other, still leaving the passenger side captains chair available for third row access, but don't feel certain I would be able to find a convertible seat that would fit next to the snugride without hindering the folding up of the captains chair. Make sense?

Would love any input or experience that others have had. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would put the 2 youngest in the middle row as much as possible. Let me think about this for a bit since I only tried putting 5 kids in so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree... I would rather have the two littlest ones in the middle row, but didn't think it would be possible to find two seats that will fit, without hindering the second captains chair from tumbling forward so the third row is accessible too. After doing some research though, it seems others have made it work? The challenge then is finding a convertible seat that will work rear facing, next to a Graco Snugride 35, with one in a captains chair, and one in the plus one seat, without interfering with the other captains chair tumbling forward...

If I can manage that, I can put the 4 year old in the third row, put two big kids in the third row, and then let the last big kid sit in the empty captains chair in the second row...

·
Registered
8 Posts
When my older kids needed to may sound of heard of but i would just open tailgate so they can get in and out of the back now that i am expecting number 5 i just got rid of the middle second row for now and the 2small ones will be in the 2nd row and the three oldest will share the third row. Ive just never had a problem with tailgate entrance :/

·
Registered
507 Posts
Do your kids who are out of boosters pass the 5 step test? I am a car seat tech and don't know any 8 year old who passes the 5 step test to graduate out of a booster.

The 5-Step Test

1 - 5 of 5 Posts