Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my flex pipe started to leak more and more to the point there is fumes coming into the cabin with the outside air setting.

How much does it usually cost to have one replace?

I've try patching it but the pressure blew the patch off.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
No mention of cost in this thread, but he mentions some potential sources for the flex pipe.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've replaced mine about 3 times in the past 4 years. The main cause in my case is a broken motor mount (somewhere) and a heavy foot on initial acceleration. They are pretty generic, mine have all been different sizes and size was based on what the exhaust guy had on the shelf. I've paid usually around 16 bucks plus welding, some guys remove the downpipe to do the replacement while others did it in place. Oh! did I mention these repairs were done in South America on an 02?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've replaced mine about 3 times in the past 4 years. The main cause in my case is a broken motor mount (somewhere) and a heavy foot on initial acceleration. They are pretty generic, mine have all been different sizes and size was based on what the exhaust guy had on the shelf. I've paid usually around 16 bucks plus welding, some guys remove the downpipe to do the replacement while others did it in place. Oh! did I mention these repairs were done in South America on an 02?
Wow, only lasted a year? That's some shitty material.

·
Registered
74 Posts
found one of my repair fotoes from Cochabamba, Bolivia. Sr. Bolivar doing some meticuous work. About 2 hrs. of work for about 22 bucks if I recall. You might also notice a previous weld in front of his fingers.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
As mentioned, it's critical to replace any damaged motor mounts which will cause the flex pipe to break. If you repair the pipe it will be temporary, no matter how good the materials are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts