Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took my '03 Ody to dealer for a blinking 'D' light. Trans running fine and fluid changed last autumn. Dealer stated they called Honda and was told it was a bad sensor. Service advisor said they were told that to replace sensor they need to insert a sheet metal screw into sensor and pull it out and if any pieces went inside to replace the transmission.
Transmission works just fine now even with a blinking light.
I have lost all confidence in that dealer and don't ever plan to go back.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Took my '03 Ody to dealer for a blinking 'D' light. Trans running fine and fluid changed last autumn. Dealer stated they called Honda and was told it was a bad sensor. Service advisor said they were told that to replace sensor they need to insert a sheet metal screw into sensor and pull it out and if any pieces went inside to replace the transmission.
Transmission works just fine now even with a blinking light.
I have lost all confidence in that dealer and don't ever plan to go back.
If broken sensor pieces go inside, does the Dealer replace your transmission for free?

Did the dealer tell you where this sensor was located, and what it was called?

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
... to replace sensor they need to insert a sheet metal screw into sensor and pull it out and if any pieces went inside to replace the transmission.
Horse manure! You did right to not go back there.

Autozone may be able to pull the code. Could be the ATF temperature sensor...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I’m not sure what the OP’s issue is but the D light will for sure flash if there’s a misfire. It’s not just a transmission thing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts