Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have what I perceive as a very odd issue w/my 2004 Odyssey. The interior lights come on momentarily when I make a left turn when it is cold outside (below 20 degrees). The issue does not manifest itself when I make right turns or going straight, only left turns and not when it is warmer than 20 degrees outside. 20 degrees is a generalization. It may be a few degrees warmer than that. But it happens very frequently when the outside time is below 20 degrees. I asked the Honda dealer about it and they had no idea. No other issues w/the van, been a solid performer. It has had this issue for the last 4-5 years. Does not seem to cause any issues, thus I forget about it.

I would very much like to know if anyone else has had this issue. If so, was there a fix? Dirty sensor? Replace a door sensor? Door not shutting all the way. There are open doors lights on. It would seem to me that the cold is causing a sensor to malfuction in the driver side door or sliding door???

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Check the passenger door for not sitting tight. Turn left and that door could be moving away from the frame enough to turn on the lights. Does the "door open" indicator light up on your dash warning area?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Might as well check all the door switches for that matter as this sounds like your problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

Thanks for the response. How can you reliably test the door switches? Take it to a dealer? Something I can do myself??

Thanks for the help
Mike

·
Registered
355 Posts
First visually inspect them. If you don't see something obviously wrong take them out and unplug them one at a time and test drive the van to see if the problem goes away with a specific one removed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine just did the exact same thing today for the first time since owning it. Left hand turn too. Will have to track this down, cause it was very annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts