Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather tech have no available Floor mats yet \for the 2011 Ody.... for those who had the OEM floor mats ............... Is it working well for you? Anyone had it over the winter, during thew snow storms and salt on the ground , was it worth it or we better yet wait for the Weather tech mats?

I have heard the OEM mats improved.

·
Registered
186 Posts
We're trying to decide if we want to purchase the all-season floor mats. Our dealer wouldn't come anywhere near H and A's pricing...they wanted $500 (after a discount) for the floor mats, cargo tray and cargo mat. I offered to go ~$300 for all three but they weren't interested.

I think we'll end up with the all-season mats and cargo mat as our '02 cargo tray fits perfectly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Weather tech have no available Floor mats yet \for the 2011 Ody.... for those who had the OEM floor mats ............... Is it working well for you? Anyone had it over the winter, during thew snow storms and salt on the ground , was it worth it or we better yet wait for the Weather tech mats?

I have heard the OEM mats improved.

I know there are a lot of hardcore Weathertech supporters out there, but I wanted some now so I bought OEM from Barnardi. Perhaps the WT's will end up being better in some way but the OEM's are working for me so I can't complain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2011 came with Honda all weather 1st, 2nd and 3rd row seats. Also have the carpeted for 1st, 2nd and 3rd rows. In a couple weeks I going to switch to the carpeted ones. When ever I got a new car or van I never used the carpeted floor mats. I saved them for when I got rid of the car or van. I never did have WT full mats. I did have WT's for my 1996 Dodge. The only thing I used kitchen cleanser on them and I ruined them, so now I just use mild car washing soap to clean them.
Now I just switch over every season.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My 2011 came with Honda all weather 1st, 2nd and 3rd row seats. Also have the carpeted for 1st, 2nd and 3rd rows. In a couple weeks I going to switch to the carpeted ones. When ever I got a new car or van I never used the carpeted floor mats. I saved them for when I got rid of the car or van. I never did have WT full mats. I did have WT's for my 1996 Dodge. The only thing I used kitchen cleanser on them and I ruined them, so now I just use mild car washing soap to clean them.
Now I just switch over every season.
Same here, once the snow melts I'll put the carpets back in and switch again come winter.

·
Registered
687 Posts
We bought the OEM floor protection package that includes floor mats in all three rows and a folding mat for the cargo area (when the third row is folded down).

They were installed on top of the carpeted floor mats (that came with the van) and I left them like that. It was a fairly snowy winter and was particularly salty and slushy. In fact, I just scrubbed the mats last weekend and there was lots of salt stains on them. For the most part the mats did a pretty good job. My only complaints are the following:

1. Occasionally, some liquid spilled over on the edges onto the carpeted areas. I thing the edge lips on the mats could be a bit higher;

2. The mats don't cover some floor areas on the side of the van leaving the carpet exposed;

3. The mats do no cover the dead peddle on the driver side, which gets really dirty; and

4. The folding cargo mat does not have anchor holes or carpet spikes, which tends to slide often and needs to be pulled back into position.

I'm going to leave the mats in year round. They provide good unitrusive protection and saves me having to scrub the carpet.

:sicl:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Weathertech does have their digital fit floor liners available for the new Ody's now. Love them, ordering a set tonight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We bought the OEM floor protection package that includes floor mats in all three rows and a folding mat for the cargo area (when the third row is folded down).

They were installed on top of the carpeted floor mats (that came with the van) and I left them like that. It was a fairly snowy winter and was particularly salty and slushy. In fact, I just scrubbed the mats last weekend and there was lots of salt stains on them. For the most part the mats did a pretty good job. My only complaints are the following:

1. Occasionally, some liquid spilled over on the edges onto the carpeted areas. I thing the edge lips on the mats could be a bit higher;

2. The mats don't cover some floor areas on the side of the van leaving the carpet exposed;

3. The mats do no cover the dead peddle on the driver side, which gets really dirty; and

4. The folding cargo mat does not have anchor holes or carpet spikes, which tends to slide often and needs to be pulled back into position.

I'm going to leave the mats in year round. They provide good unitrusive protection and saves me having to scrub the carpet.

With the folding cargo tray .... folding and storing easy inside the Ody if the Third row up?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weathertech does have their digital fit floor liners available for the new Ody's now. Love them, ordering a set tonight.

went to their website the only thing available is for the first row .. on the digital fit

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cincyfan

Your dealer is being unreasonable. I purchased the all weather floor mats, splash guards, cargo tray, and folding cargo mat from my dealer for $332 total.

·
Registered
26 Posts
agreed. i had the OEM CR-V ones for my '09 and they were much deeper. these are great and have saved me during the winter but should have been deeper.

THIS. i do NOT understand wtf is with this thing. first, it has a weird shape cutout in the front that doesn't really go around anything, then it has no way to anchor it and slides all over the place. i'm very disappointed in this thing. the rest of them are fine.

·
Registered
687 Posts
THIS. i do NOT understand wtf is with this thing. first, it has a weird shape cutout in the front that doesn't really go around anything, then it has no way to anchor it and slides all over the place. i'm very disappointed in this thing. the rest of them are fine.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Yes, the folding carogo mat has a weird shape at the front because it is designed to not block an important air vent on the floor. It's too bad there are no anchor points in the cargo area for the mat to latch onto so it doesn't slide forward. Otherwise, this mat has saved my carpeted areas as our stroller frame had wet dripping wheels throughout much of the winter.

;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heres my 2 cents. I have all 3 honda protection.. The weathertech digital does fit well and provides much protection, but... dosent feel pleasing to your feet. thin and no cushion. The honda 3 row allseason mats fit very well have some softness to them.Also have anchor points.overall I have no complaints. priced well too. The cargo tray fits nice too and does its job. works with seats folded in. Now the folding trunk mat is an absolut waste of money. doesnt fit well at all. plasticy feel (should have been more rubberized) and slides all over the place. no anchor points. I'll try and post pics soon.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Weathertech's been a bit slow to release a full set of mats, but we should be thankful that Honda has had OEMs available since the launch of the 2011 Odyssey.

People in the Toyota forums have been complaining about the lack of decent floor mats for the 2011 Sienna for two winters now. The sliding floor tracks for the Sienna's second row has made producing a suitable mat to be very complicated. Toyota never released their own and Weathertech just released the Sienna ones recently.

There are other 2011 Odyssey mat choices on Ebay including Hexomats. I like how the Hexomat covers the dead peddle but I wonder how they feel below your feet? Has anyone tried any of these out?

2011 HONDA ODYSSEY Hexomat Floor Mats FULL SET FREE S/H - eBay (item 120699338665 end time Apr-16-11 05:39:05 PDT)

Honda Odyssey Rubber Floor Mats Complete + Cargo - eBay (item 270725999671 end time Apr-24-11 17:05:34 PDT)

1 - 20 of 177 Posts