Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Odyssey (Touring model) just 2 months ago. Within the first 2 weeks I noticed a fluttering noise coming from the front driver's side - sounded like a leaf or paper was stuck there. This happens only when I am accelerating, bearing left, mostly on highways that are slightly on an uphill incline. Took it to the dealer 3 times now, they couldn't figure out what was going on and finally I was told that this is a normal engine noise that comes in cars that have the econo mode. To me this does not make sense since if it were a normal engine sound, why is it limited to the left side only and only when going on inclines at speeds above 50?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just got this noise you are talking about today. Never noticed it because I always have the stereo running. It was very weird and airy, like a large sheet of lightweight paper having air run through it. Only comfort was it sounded sort of intentional. Could it be the airbox?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Test drive another Odyssey from that dealer to see if it's the norm. At least if you don't hear it on that one you can point out it's not "normal engine noise". If you do hear it there's nothing conclusive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts