Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I did this mod last summer and am just getting around to posting it.

1)Lengthen the light switch wiring on the right so it reaches to the blank on the left side. the left hole will need a bit of work for a good fit. I used a Dremel.
2)Extend a wire from the accessory plug at the bottom of the dash (silly location for it) to where the new plug will be.
3)Drill a hole in the blank (that was on the left) to fit the plug. Some finagling needs to be done to make it work. Mount it all up and reassemble. I know I had some extra stuff to do so the blank would fit well with the plug but I forget what that is. The new plug screws on pretty tightly though.

The wife loves this new setup and also loves the cup holder mod I got from this site.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hm, I thought I put this in the 2nd gen forum seeing it would be seen more there and mainly is for those model years.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Not a bad idea. You switched the door interior light switch to the other side - smart. I often wondered what I could do with that spare dash switch.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I contemplated putting it on the left side but then it would be farther from the antenna and the passenger (wife when I'm driving) cannot mess with the Ipod. Wife's car and she loves it there so it's a win. Can't put it where I moved the switch to because the shifter would hit it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts