Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i was looking for some fogs my 2003 oddy, i came across 2 different ones one says for 99-00 and the other kit is for 01-2004 what is the difference? the 99-00 is cheaper and round and 01-04 is almost square and more \$$ both are oem..
any advise will be appreciated,, will then 99-00 fit in min mini van?

·
Registered
97 Posts
VIJAY said:
hello i was looking for some fogs my 2003 oddy, i came across 2 different ones one says for 99-00 and the other kit is for 01-2004 what is the difference? the 99-00 is cheaper and round and 01-04 is almost square and more \$$ both are oem..
any advise will be appreciated,, will then 99-00 fit in min mini van?
Search. This has been covered before.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Use the 01-04. Others are round and not exact fit. Just did install of oem into 03. Simple and good instructions.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had the little round ones in a former Odyssey I had. They look like little projectors but aren't. I would have preferred the ones that fill in the whole opening. The round ones came with a black trim piece around the round fog light. It's a matter of taste really. The round ones have a lower re-sale value because they don't look as good in my opinion. Because as far as quality goes, they were very good... they are OEM after all.

Also check the switch that lights them up, I know that for the earlier Odyssey's there were the two fog light styles you mentioned and either one came with the same one style of ON/OFF switch. For the later Odyssey's there was only the larger fog light with a split switch that did the fog lights and interior lights because where the interior light switch was on the older Odyssey's, there now was an air bag ON/OFF light I believe.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
1999-2002 uses a standard switch on the left side of the center pedestal (almost under the column-mounted shift lever while in D4). My 2003 has an airbag indicator light in the center pedestal, so its fog light switch is to the left of the combination TCS/Cruise Control switch, left of the steering column (on the other side).

I've installed the round ones in a 2001, 2002 and 2003 Ody. Great beam pattern. By direct comparison with the one Ody in our town with the "full fit" fogs, there is no difference in beam pattern, except the round ones have a slightly sharper upper cutoff to prevent you from throwing glare above the beam aiming point. However, the full fit fogs are just fine in this regard; I've looked at a properly aimed set head-on, with no annoying glare.

The round ones are easier to gain access to make a vertical adjustment in stock form. Use one screw to remove that little piece of black fascia, and you have access to the adjustment screw. The full fit fogs (they fit the whole opening) require removing one clip, one bolt, and pulling down the inner fender to get to the adjustment screw; you could drill a very small hole in the bottom of the inner fender and use a long shank #2 philipps head screw driver, and thus make adjustment as easy as adjusting the headlights.

As Igobuk notes, these are well-built. It comes down to personal taste and $$$. You can't go wrong with either. I paid $128 for each genuine Honda OEM fog light kit.

OF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts