Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm new here just put a deposit on a Touring in Canada.

I'm wondering if anyone had done a HID Fog light conversion and if so did they have to use a relay harness and/or take off the bumper during install.

On that note anyone know the bulb size for fog also the interior bulb size for led swap.

Or even LED bulb for the parking/brake lights would be cool.

·
Registered
170 Posts
HID bulbs really aren't optimal for fog penetration. The idea behind a fog light is to disperse light close to the vehicle, low down and to the sides.

The purpose of a HID light is to disperse light far away, and in front of a vehicle.

HID bulbs in a halogen fog enclosure defeat the purpose of the lights.

fog light bulb size is H11, and can be replaced by pulling the inner wheel well lining on either side of the vehicle.

standard honda taillight/turn signal bulbs are 7440, though I have not pulled the ones in my van to check.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

I was thinking getting 3000K Yellow HID lights for the FOG.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Better off getting a PIAA or standard halogen super yellow bulb and using the factory housings.

Less cost, more efficiency.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just drive with them on to look cool - i can't remember the last time i needed fog lights "for fog penetration"... but good suggestion! - That sounds sarcastic, but it's not meant to be ! LOL!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got yellow fog lights and it's nice to have specially on foggynights and rainy days…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts