Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an after market fog light kit that I would like to have installed on my 2011 Odyssey. Any recommendations on who to have install, near Huntington Beach, CA? The lights swap out with the pop out panels in the bumper, and the switch looks like the same size as the knock outs in the dash, so should just need to run the new wiring harness. Took it to a local garage and they want $380 which seem high.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 12' EX-L with 118k miles.
The reasons I chose to have the OEM driving lights installed by a dealer include:
1) A perfect fit out of the box.
2) A compatible wiring harness & relay was a plug & play
3) A rotating switch collar is now part of my left-side light control. I have done DIY light installations in the past and have always been unhappy with a remote switch. Because these lights are mounted so low and are well focused, I don't have to turn them off for on-coming cars. I could not have installed that OEM rotating switch collar myself.
4) An idiot light was already part of the dash and now is illuminated when lights are on.

When they were installed at 40k, I paid $411 including installation and have had no issues with either the installation or the illumination performance. I am in northern New England and appreciate the beam spread on the rural roads. It's possible that someone has already posted a youtube video of an installation like you want to do. I just felt like sharing my experience. Either way, you'll love the lights!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I added OEM ones as well. Perfect fit and finish with all the parts needed. There's a DIY vid somewhere done by one of the online dealerships, I forget which ones. The hardest part was removing the front bumper cover IIRC. After that should be easy going.

·
Registered
323 Posts
College Hills Honda offers some DIY videos on YouTube, but there are PDFs of the OEM-installation procedure on various etailers' websites (H and A, Bernardi, etc). The process would be similar for your aftermarket lights, except you would need to connect them to power and run the wire through the firewall to the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
MrRangerZr1
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing