Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sportin an exl - res. I am about to venture into installing the factory fogs ordered from Honda. Anyone do this yet and if so any pointers before I dive in and follow the instruction manual. I would rather not take the bumper off etc...

Mars35

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
mars35 said:
I am sportin an exl - res. I am about to venture into installing the factory fogs ordered from Honda. Anyone do this yet and if so any pointers before I dive in and follow the instruction manual. I would rather not take the bumper off etc...

Mars35
I haven't done it on an 11, but I have on other models. I strongly recommend following the detailed instructions....which, unfortunately, include removing the bumper. It makes the job go much easier....and removing the bumper isn't that big of a deal.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just looked at the instructions, and that looks like a big job. It'd been interesting to know how many hundreds of dollars the dealer would charge for that installation. Seeing those instructions make me less concerned about the installation of splash guards and body side molding that I plan for today. My parts arrived yesterday from Bernardi. Good luck with the new lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
received fog lights and splash guards...going to tackle the splash guards tonight or tomorrow...

as for the fog lights.... probably wait until next weekend when I got some true dedicated time without kids and misses

I got to say... the fog lights look...niiiiiiiiiiiiice

keep you posted on install

dont bother buying the folding cargo mat... imo... a waste going to send it back

bernardi pricing was awesome on everything

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that video was good...thanks for the link... ive done my fair share of work...this doesnt look that bad... however just scared to scratch bumper and/or not get it lined up again... let the fun begin

·
Registered
463 Posts
mars35, Would you let me know if you are able to get a good fit with the rear guards? I did mine yesterday, and on the rear guards, there is a gap between the guard and the body, where the guards are rounded and the body near the bottom of the bumper is flat. I tried twice, but the gap does not change. I may go by the dealer and look. Also, a tip or two:

The left over screws from the rears are used on the fronts.

Any sharp point, like one of the screws, will punch out the plastic for the front installation, not just a push pin.

Turning the front wheels hard left and rear make putting the fronts on much easier. Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tom,

installed the mudguards tonight and didnt have any gap issues. What I did notice is that on the passenger side there is a "slot" sort of like a hook that grabs the bumper... at first it wasnt sitting right..then I noticed it was the hook that needed to be inserted into the bumper to sit properly

other than that....they worked out well and look clean

mars35

·
Registered
463 Posts
mars35, Thanks for letting me know. I loosened mine and retightened the screws while adding pressure, and the gap seems smaller. Thanks again. Tom

·
Registered
359 Posts
mars35 said:
dont bother buying the folding cargo mat... imo... a waste going to send it back

what don't you like about the folding mat?

We don't have a van yet but I'm just trying to figure out which accessories to buy. We've been using the Weathertech Floorliners in our last few vehicles and love them. But I may consider the Honda mats as well this time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I LOVE the folding cargo mat, if you're referring to the tri-fold one that goes in back when you've got the third row seats folded down.

Keeps all sorts of dirt off the carpets and fits quite nicely.

My cargo mat is perpetually dirty from stroller wheels, etc. It's very easy to clean.

I highly recommend it if you generally keep the third row seats folded down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally installed the fog lights...start to finish 2 hours and did it alone. following the instructions exactly and had no issues ....looks and fucntions great!!!

very glad I did it

·
Registered
30 Posts
tom34diy said:
mars35, Would you let me know if you are able to get a good fit with the rear guards? I did mine yesterday, and on the rear guards, there is a gap between the guard and the body, where the guards are rounded and the body near the bottom of the bumper is flat. I tried twice, but the gap does not change. I may go by the dealer and look. Also, a tip or two:

The left over screws from the rears are used on the fronts.

Any sharp point, like one of the screws, will punch out the plastic for the front installation, not just a push pin.

Turning the front wheels hard left and rear make putting the fronts on much easier. Thanks. Tom
I just installed the splas guards and I have a gap in the back too. Not huge, but noticable, couple of millimeters I would estimate. I was making sure I had a tight a fight on the front and sides when installing it so salt/mud wouldn't get behind the front. From looking at the shape of the body and the guard, I am not sure retightening would help much as the guard seems bowed out more than the body. When you retightened it to minimize the back gap, did the front or sides open any gaps?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I did splash guards last weekend without any trouble. I found the front slightly tougher than the rear only because they were a little harder to fit around the rocker panel trim correctly, but nothing serious.

I just finished the fog lights today. Just followed the instructions and had no problems. The instructions tell you to undo the bumper clips by the headlights before doing the bolts and screws. I found that doing the bolts and screws first made much more sense, since then you could pull on the bumper to get the clips to come loose pretty easily. They look and work great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed the foglights with the help of my brother and to be honest Its not that hard. I was a little overwhelmed with the instructions at first but the directions are very good. Pm me if you get stuck anywhere

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I tackled the fog lights in my '11 also. Really not hard, but does take a little attention to detail and patience.

I followed the instructions that came with my kit. From what I understand, each kit sold comes with them. And even if it doesn't, the instructions are available all over online. After I did my install, I discovered a video of this project. I really wish I had seen this video before I did my install. Not because of any new information that I got from it, but it's nice to *see* the job beforehand so *doing* it is much easier.

I'll include a few pics in the next post, after I get them online in the gallery.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts