Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to put in clear fog lights in the holes below the headlights on my 04. Oem kit is about $300 so looking for a good quality aftermarket or good price on oem kit. Any help greatly appreciated. Also, is instillation easy or difficult. Thanks

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
ssg510, I've installed three OEM kits using the round foglights. These have a very good reflector and optics and a very solid beam pattern with a definite cutoff to avoid blinding people (if properly aimed). These are starting to become scarce, but the good news is that they've come down in price.

99-02 uses p/n 08V31-S0X-100

03-04 uses the more expensive (as you mentioned) p/n 08V31-S0X-101 kit (form fitting, not round fog lights)...but I used the -100 round fog kit on my 2003. Saved over $100, but had to do some custom splicing on the wiring to make it work. I can't recall what I did (it was years ago), but they work. As well, even though the switch fits just to the side of the TCS/Cruise switch (versus the center panel), it's an odd fit. Still, I was glad to make it work.

Mag Auto is selling these -100 kits on this page: mag Auto Honda Round Fog Light Liquidation. I'm going to get a set for spares.

OF

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Those look great. I really want to stay with th 04 style lights but do not want a real cheap set. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
You bet. Yeah, I was a little put off at first by the tiny round lights...the form fitting ones definitely look better. They both put out the same beam pattern (I compared them to a guy in town who has the newer ones), so it's a matter of which looks better to you on your man-van. I think the round ones may run a little hotter due to the tiny enclosure, but that's about all I can think of regarding differences. If you find a great internet deal on the -101 lights, please post with a link.

OF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts