Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called a local honda dealer today asked them about the availability of the fog lights for 02 ody. They said it's not available at least for another half year.
!!!!!!

I went to some online honda parts site, they do have fog lights available for the 02 ody. I double checked, and they have different parts number than the previous models. So... anyone here knows if the lights are really available for the 02 ody?

·
Registered
564 Posts
The only thing I can tell you for sure, is that they are being installed on 2002's. I know some members here have them, and I've seen them with my own beady little eyes. AS far as I know, the lights are the same, but the harness needs to be a bit different since the 2001 unit would have to plug in where the heated seats are now in the EXL. Don't know any more detail than that though.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
hparts.com has them. Part #660346. $313.65.

My dealer shows them, too, for the list price of $429--although I didn't confirm the part number with him. But, I did specify the 02 model.

Trevor?

·
Registered
483 Posts
So, based on the discussion above, can we get the fog lights for the 2001 and it will fit the 2002 hole? The only biggest problem here is the price. It'll run me close to Cdn$800.00 to buy it. Then I have to install it.

I wonder if they have the same sale as the CD in-dash changers. Also, if there is a projector fog light that will fit the hole in the Ody? I saw in one of the Japanese Odys, there was one where it had a plastic surround on the projectors to cover the spaces.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The catalogs do show foglights for the 2002 model, it was a later bulletin from Honda that said they won't work. The hparts# listed isn't a valid part# or hondacode#, they seem to use their own numbering system to keep people from looking up the parts on their site and buying them elsewhere.

A kit for installing them in the EX model is due out by the middle to the end of this month. I'm trying to verify that the current ones will work in the LX model without the kit.

-Trevor

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The catalogs do show foglights for the 2002 model, it was a later bulletin from Honda that said they won't work. The hparts# listed isn't a valid part# or hondacode#, they seem to use their own numbering system to keep people from looking up the parts on their site and buying them elsewhere.</font>
We've got a local Toyota dealer that pulls that crap. That's one of the reasons we dumped the Previa.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I talked to my friend at the dealer and he said that the official Honda kit is delayed due to some type of wire harness issue. Something about the 2002 was changed and where the harness is suppose to attach to the fuse box there is something else there.

He said that they should have the new harnesses by November.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The 2001 kit will work with the 2002 LX and EX model. There is an additional kit that is needed for installing it in the 2002 EX-L models. The kit should be available around the end of this month.

-Trevor

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TAllen:
There is an additional kit that is needed for installing it in the 2002 EX-L models. The kit should be available around the end of this month.

-Trevor
</font>
Great, then we don't need to do what PD55 suggested "Fog Lights for the summer, Warm butt for the winter!" Just in time for enjoying both fog lights and warm butt for the winter!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I spoke to Trevor today.
He told me if I can get 4 people together, We can get a group buy on FogLights for $285.00.....Sweet. For all you 2002 owners if you are interested email at [email protected] with your e-mail address.
Also I found out that Honda said the the Foglights will currently fit 2002 LX & EX models, EXL,RES, & NAVI will be sent the new adapter piece when available later this month.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just ordered mine a few days ago!! Has not been delivered yet.

Hey Trevor,
Can I get a credit for the difference?

By the way, I also bought an iVES and leather steering wheel wrap.

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
628 Posts
Count me in for a set of the fog lights for the '02. That's the best price I've heard of.

Mike Lowary

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1ODY2NV:
I spoke to Trevor today.
He told me if I can get 4 people together, We can get a group buy on FogLights for $285.00.....Sweet. For all you 2002 owners if you are interested email at [email protected] with your e-mail address.
Also I found out that Honda said the the Foglights will currently fit 2002 LX & EX models, EXL,RES, & NAVI will be sent the new adapter piece when available later this month.

</font>
I'm in on this! You've got mail...

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
$285.00 is lowest Trevor can go. That is what the employees pay.

If you want email him at [email protected]

·
Registered
478 Posts
TigerMan-Do you also have leather? Because my understanding is that the only Odys that need an additional wiring part is if they have the heated seats (leather). The place the foglights plug in is taken by the heated seats on models equipped that way.

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts