Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm being told conflicting information about the replacement fog lights for my 2006 odyssey.

Many of the US dealers I've phone have emphasized that the housing of the touring vs. non-touring Honda fogs for the van are different.

I can't really see how they're different to warranty 2x the price for essentially the same light.

$117 vs. $230 is a HUGE difference. I've looked around the net and found that they're identical and for those folks that own the touring model like myself should just buy the cheaper light b/c it WILL fit.

Conversely my Honda dealer here in Canada tells me that the touring light is different too.

Who here has actually seen both lights from the accessory add on kit vs. the factory installed touring one?

Also here is there a way to bullet proof fog light lenses? I was thinking of applying an insanely thick layer of 3M or equivlant coating onto the lens as I've seen many fogs here with 3M coatings still break (In Canada we have plenty of gravel being applied to the roads in the winter).

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, Odyssey fog lights are expensive, not as much as Toyota fog lights but still expensive.

I had an 06 Ody EX-L & drove it for 4 years in Calgary luckily never chipped one. This spring I noticed a cracked lens on my 4Runner & was told the housing replacement is $500+ locally. I was taking my 2010 Ody EX-L for a service the next day & thought maybe I should get some 3M film placed on the fog lens to offer additional protection. Drove out unknowing until the detail guy asked me why I'd want to put 3M on a cracked lens. I couldn't believe I took a rock to the passenger lens on the drive out. So now I have 2 lens to do, driver's side on my 4Runner & passenger side on my Ody.

I have the replacement for my 4Runner & am going to get an entire oem fog light kit for the Ody off the net cheaper than I'd pay for one replacement lens here.

I put 3M on the good lens with hope to lessen damage, however the link posted by DAP91Si looks interesting too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts