Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just seeing if there was anyone out there that has modded thier van so that the fog lights will come on with just the parking lights(MOD1)?

The reason I ask is that I was fooling around with my old lighting switch (non fog light), and maybe found a easy way to have this work. And possibly the MOD2 where the fogs are always powered.

What I found:

Looking at the bottom of the lighting switch (stalk) there is a cover plate, I removed that and found access to the wires in the switch. Next I removed the knob to see how the wires were connected. This is how they work.

Wires under cover plate
White (power? IDK)
Yellow (headlight)
Green (parking lights)
Black (ground)

How the switch worked (I am assuming as I have not tested this yet)
Off (white and black)
Parking (green/black)
Auto (just black)
Headlight (yellow/black/blank)

When I put in my fog light/headlight switch I took the cover plate off. The difference was that there was a blue and grey wire added to the loom. Now this is where I start figureing as I never took the knob off of my fog light/headlight switch. I am assuming that the blank spot in the headlight connection is actually where the blue wire would be connected. So if you connect the blue wire and green wire under the cover plate and reinstall, you should have your fog lights work without your headlights on.

So I am assuming that the Fog/Light Switch is
Off (white/black)
Parking (green/black) add in blue wire to activate fogs
Auto (black)
Headlight (yellow/blue/black)

The one problem that might happen would be that the on/off switch for the fogs will get bypassed causing the fogs to always be on when the lights are on. But I don't know.

Now, since I don't see my van that often (wife's), I was hopeing that someone was chomping at the bit to do this mod. If I get to it I will report back. Now get researching you over active car nuts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have done many mods to my Honda's in the past. But, so much of this ride is controlled by a controller (computer) via the B-CAN (network). So, making some things work that were not programmed to do so could result in damage. Be careful. The aftermarket alarm/remote start installers get around this by using diodes to isolate and install an additional module to talk to the B-CAN.
I have the complete set of maintenance and electrical manuals so will look this up. (Note: the manuals do not include much insight on the programming.)
This is my second day of ownership so have not done much in this direction yet. Did install my V1 detector today. Had to pull the left windshield pillar cover off but that was it. Installed the remote display in the change drawer (may change this later).
I would love to have seperate control of these fogs so I am interested. Will get back to you on this later.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had a 08 subaru that had the bcan. The way I managed the fog mod on that one was to add in the fog light relay through the parking lamps. I am wondering if this adding in the blue wire would do the same thing.

If you can post up some electrical diagrams that would be great!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would love to have seperate control of these fogs so I am interested. Will get back to you on this later.
Hi sawadee.... please let me know if you have find out on how to re-wire the fog light.
I really want the fog light to work independently... (can be turn ON OFF but the original switch)

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I really wanted to find out how to do this hoping it wont be too complex. Did the same thing to my 06 4runner without touching the switch, what i did was bend one of the pin on the foglight relay using a single wire and plugged it to one of the unused spot(always hot/ignition on) in the same fuse box so didnt have to run any wires anywhere else. With that said i am unsure if this method would work on the ody, if it does im still clueless which pin i would need to bend. :frown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts