Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed OEM Honda fog lights on our 02 EXL about 2 mths ago. Worked perfectly until about a week ago. Checked ALL fuses; 2 relays and running out of ideas. This OEM kit did include the 6pin Y adapter for cars with heated seats which ours does have. It may be only coincidence or not but my wife was trying out the heated seats for first time about the time they stopped working! There is a fusable link right after the positive terminal power connection that has power going in but I'm not measuring any at the fuse which is only a few inches away. Perhaps this is a clue. Any ideas here? Thanks - Bill

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fog lights stopped working - update

ok, have troubleshooted the problem to what appears is the outside relay. The ground on this 4 pin cable is hot when supposed to be ground. Just changed the relay and we still have the same thing - ground is hot! Defective part? Does anyone have any electrical background to address this please? Thanks - Bill

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry, my post probably won't be much help, just want to share my experience. I've installed fog lights on my 04 in about 3 months after purchase. I've purchased OEM kit from one of the dealers recommended here on this site. So far I have no problems with ether lights or heated seats (knock on wood). So I guess if you did follow all instructions than it must be defective part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts