Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I used a cheap cleaning kit from Harborfreight. I'm amazed what this kit has done for the lenses on both the Ody and my son's Altima. They look brand new. It comes with 2 pads so was enough for both cars. Just run the sanding pads and keep the lenses wet until no more white stuff comes off. Buff them up and good to go. Be careful not to hit the paint. Amazing for under $10 and I think it was even made in the USA.

12 Minute Headlamp Lens Restoration Kit

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, they're still on my camera. I'll get them on here soon. BTW, that would be better if it was all pretty girls.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
This was for all the hot soccer moms on here. Specially the picher guy with the beard. :D

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, here's the pictures. I didn't do a before on the van only the Alitima because those were really bad.

Now you can remove those bearded guys??? :nod:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Meguires scratch remover works too, just rub it on and wipe it off. No worries about the paint.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meguires scratch remover works too, just rub it on and wipe it off. No worries about the paint.
I've read that but I don't see how you could just rub it on and wipe it off. This stuff says to run the pad with a drill for at least 10 mins per light. I think it was like $6 on sale and I did 2 cars. I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I've read that but I don't see how you could just rub it on and wipe it off. This stuff says to run the pad with a drill for at least 10 mins per light. I think it was like $6 on sale and I did 2 cars. I'm happy with that.
That is what I used. It came with a pad that attached to my drill. I can't believe any of that spray-on, wipe-off stuff would work as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was reading this thread last week because the headlights on my '04 were getting cloudy too. Wouldn't you know it, I hit a deer yesterday and screwed up the whole front end:frown: The good news is I will now have brand new lights when the body shop gives it back, no buffing required:DD

·
Registered
447 Posts

Maybe my lenses weren't that bad compared to others'. They were quite cloudy though. I just hand rubbed them with a paper towel and Meguires, and they came out crystal clear in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Maybe my lenses weren't that bad compared to others'. They were quite cloudy though. I just hand rubbed them with a paper towel and Meguires, and they came out crystal clear in about 30 seconds.
Well, there are two ways to skin this cat - one is to apply abrasive material to remove the surface roughness to get down to a completely smooth surface again; the second is to fill in the existing low spots to build up to a smooth surface. I'm wondering if some products temporarily do more of the latter. Time will tell soon enough!

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
I was reading this thread last week because the headlights on my '04 were getting cloudy too. Wouldn't you know it, I hit a deer yesterday and screwed up the whole front end:frown: The good news is I will now have brand new lights when the body shop gives it back, no buffing required:DD
Just a little off topic...jake, make sure they replace the headlights with Honda OEM assemblies. TYC/Genera corporation makes a replacement that is popular with body repair shops due to its low price, but I can tell you from personal experience that they are known for leaking, and the reflectors are awful. The Honda OEM will say "HONDA" and "Stanley" on the bottom of the clear lens part of the assembly, at the corner closest to the grill. The OEM part is much better at putting light where you want it to go.

I just bought the Meguiar's product, too. We'll see what it can do.

OF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts