Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The H3 bulb has an extra wire that prevents it from fitting. What do I have to do to make it fit? What is the size of the stock bulb? I've done a search but no answers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sfearing:
The H3 bulb has an extra wire that prevents it from fitting. What do I have to do to make it fit? What is the size of the stock bulb? I've done a search but no answers.</font>
The H3 if I remember correctly is a 12V 55Watt lamp. The base of the lamp is the ground and the wire with the spade connector is the 12Vdc connection. Where is the extra wire that you mentioned? The base of the lamp is keyed for a H3 socket, so you really can not use it any where else easliy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! The H3 has a wire at the base that is about 3 inches long with a spade-type connector at the end. I also noticed that the glass part is too fat to fit in the foglight without cutting away some of the metal with a dremel tool. I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth modifying.

The original foglight bulb has a skinnier glass part and is one piece with the spade connector built into the bottom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts