Honda Odyssey Forum banner

For people that has owned pre-2011 and now 2011, how's the mpg?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  wktjr 
#1 ·
For the people that has owned both pre-2011 with VCM and 2011 Odyssey (EX-L or below), how's the mpg compares since both have VCM and 5-speed auto?

#5 ·
We bought our '11 Odyssey on April 1. The highway mileage appears to be much better. Suburban driving (which my wife does 75% of the time) is about the same but my hope is that will improve with engine break-in.

I haven't checked the spec sheet but I think the new Odyssey has a bigger fuel tank as it takes $60 to fill it up. I know gas prices are up but I'm not sure they're up that much since we filled up the '02 Odyssey in March.

#6 ·
Filled up and immediately hopped on I-95. Averaged 27.5 over a 90 mile stretch before I had to pull off. My feeling is I could of got a few more tenths out of it. The cruise control was set at 70 mph and the average was 65 mph.That run had moderate elevation changes and it was me and two kids (equivalent to 1 adult).

It was interesting to watch the VCM/ECO do it's thing. Over the run it read 4 distinct mileage readings, 20ish, 30ish, 40ish and maxed out as the elevation changed.

Trip B has never been reset, averaging 22.9 over 2600 miles.

Very satisfied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.