Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially in So. Cal or the Bay area-if you're willing to go out of state like I was, give Jay Honda in Ohio a try!! Phone # is 1-888-360-6861.
johnkalajian bought his '01 there and recommended them to me. He was right-they are excellent

Dennis Jenkins is the guy to talk to-he found my Ody the next day. The local dealer in So. Cal. are having NO luck at all.
Robertson Honda in Palmdale says he found a RRP EX NAVI in the Bay area for $3,500 OVER MSRP. Yeah, right

Jay Honda even will help with shipping cost by selling at -$400 MSRP

Thanks again johnkalajian-You da man!!

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shipping is by truck-not rail-and is $750. These folks are supposedly very good at this, I sure hope so-that's MY Ody up there going cross country

Ended up costing me $350 since Jay Honda took $400 off the MSRP. Beats waiting until who knows when to get one locally IMO! Shipping time runs 1-2 weeks. I checked with Ca. Air Resources Board-no problem registering and smogging the Ody in Ca.

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ody... that's great! I ended up paying $500 over MSRP at Menlo Honda, but I was okay with that since I wanted to get some other finances in order and welcomed the delay time. Worked out perfectly for me. So... I'll be waiting 'til November! Anyhow, keep the good experiences coming!

------------------
'02 GG EX-L RES on order
1996 BMW 328i Manual Sport Pack

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks-just curious, where is Menlo Honda? Is that local for you?

------------------
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ody,
Where will your van be shipped to? A local dealer of your choice or your home address?
I guess you are like ordering the van online, i.e. without test drive or close inspection to the paint finish, etc... correct? Did Jay Honda guarantee anything?
Good luck !

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is being shipped terminal to terminal. At my end it is in Carson, Ca.-not too far from my house.
True, I haven't test driven my specific car of course-I have driven another '02 EX at a local dealer. Jay Honda ships quite a few Odys and other Hondas all over the U.S. using the same process as with mine. The car is closely inspected and detailed at their dealership, re-inspected at the trucking company port, and then again at the receiving end. I will inspect it very closely as well.
johnkalajian bought his '01 Ody in this same manner and has told me his van was in perfect condition when he got it, so I decided to take a chance on it. The van will also be insured by me before it starts on it's trip. Thanks...

------------------
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Menlo Honda is in Redwood City, CA. about 20 miles south of San Francisco. I just took delivery on my TW 2002 EX last week, and I LOVE it. Better than I had even hoped for!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ody, how are to able to register your vehicle in CA? The exceptions are pretty clear on the document downloaded from the CA DMV. Did CA change the law?

I talked to Dennis this morning and he talks as though this is getting to be the norm for him.

==============================
Waiting for RP '02 EX-L w or w/o RES.
1986 Volvo 240 Wagon - 157k mi.
1982 Volvo GLT - 300k mi (tired horse)

·
Registered
368 Posts
jarcher-registration is no problem. All you need are your purchase docs (to verify purchase price), a current California smog check (to show that the vehicle complies with smog requirements), your vehicle for inspection (to make sure it has the necessary smog equipment and certification stickers, and to verify mileage)and your checkbook (to pay tax and registration). I speak from experience. Took less than 30 minutes at the DMV office. I purchased from Dennis Jenkins and registered here in Calfornia in January of this year.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jarcher-part of the problem is that the DMV is not always up to date on the latest law and their website does not always have ALL the relevant info.
Check this link: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/NonCAVeh/NonCAVeh.htm
I spoke to the person listed on the California Air Resources Board site and he assured me that IF the vehicle is "Cal. smog certified" OR "50 state legal"-which the Ody (and all Hondas are I believe) is that there would be no problem.
Besides, as johnkalajian mentioned, he has done it and Dennis @ Jay Honda has said he sold quite a number to California residents with no problem.

------------------
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
OK! It's a done deal! I have ordered my (actually my wife's) 2002 RRP EX-L Odyssey from Dennis @ Jay Honda.
Anticipated delivery will be late October or early November. Due to be built soon after 10/7. Can't wait.

Thanks to Ody and johnkalajian for the assist.

=========================================
RRP EX-L on the way!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jarcher:
OK! It's a done deal! I have ordered my (actually my wife's) 2002 RRP EX-L Odyssey from Dennis @ Jay Honda.
Anticipated delivery will be late October or early November. Due to be built soon after 10/7. Can't wait.

Thanks to Ody and johnkalajian for the assist.

=========================================
RRP EX-L on the way!

</font>
Glad to help! I'm sure your experience with Jay Honda and Dennis will be a pleasant one. I sent in the check and paperwork yesterday, the van should be shipped early next week! A bit more complicated to go this route, but not too bad. I'll keep you posted on how it works out so you will have a "heads up" on any issues that may arise.

------------------
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts