Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a lot of research (felt like soul searching) since I was going to return some 1 year old tires (Michelin defender ltx) and don’t want to go through that again. Understand everyone has different priorities, driving style, budget etc that works for them and may choose something different out of the ~95 different tires in the P235/65R17 inch tire size. I come from a motor sports background and have really seen how tires can radically improve almost every year.

there were 7 tires was really trying to consider, including going Back to the Michelin mxv4 that I’ve gone through 5 entire sets in various cars,including odyssey.

the top 2, that it came down two, were released in the last year or so, and appear to be much better in all manner than the 10 year olds mxv4 I’ve really liked for handling, quiet, kinda performancey.
1) Michelin cross climate 2
2) pirelli scorpion verde all season plus ii

I ended up putting the pirellis on with the deal I could get, don’t need to emphasize wet/snow living in the desert, and to just try a different brand. Im blown away with how good of a tire they are. Incredibly quiet, very good handling, absorbs bumps well.. from what I’ve read, the Michelin’s might even be better-the only real potential negative is humming noise that occurs onother vehicles but asking folks here with odyssey’s that put them, didnt have that problem-so maybe the best option.

some testing reviews I found helpful:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Cross Climates were just featured in a YouTube video by Engineering Explained and we're spoken very highly of. You probably saw it too.
Living in the Chicago area I will be eager to try them when I next need tires, as they seem to be breaking ground for a tire that offers excellent fair weather performance AND near snow tire like winter performance. Be curious to hear the opinion of others who have them on an Odyssey.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Cross Climates were just featured in a YouTube video by Engineering Explained and we're spoken very highly of. You probably saw it too.
Living in the Chicago area I will be eager to try them when I next need tires, as they seem to be breaking ground for a tire that offers excellent fair weather performance AND near snow tire like winter performance. Be curious to hear the opinion of others who have them on an Odyssey.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Oh I hadn’t seen that YouTube video... good stuff!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have the cross climate 2s and so far they are great. Quiet, smooth, and great wet/dry traction. I can’t say anything about snow yet and they likely will not see much. Inam approaching 4K miles on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts