Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Foxwell NT-510 Deal on Amazon

600 14
FYI. Black Friday deal for $160

Honda Acura All Systems All Maintenance Service Bidirectional Diagnostic Scan Tool FOXWELL NT510 Elite OBD2 Scanner Automotive Code Reader ABS Bleed SRS Airbag SAS TPMS TPS EPB Oil Reset CKP Relearn https://a.co/d/6bRpFvY
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey EX Sterling Gray Metallic
996 Posts
On Foxwell's website the NT530 with one software choice is currently $149.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
A piece of black tape can easily erase the TPMS light! :ROFLMAO:
Now, depends on the problem. Can it read the TPMS codes that are registered? I believe so, and can also clear codes.
But if to fix the cause of the light coming on is a different issue like the TPMS sensor(s) died and need to be replaced: can it program new TPMS sensors? That would be a different tool. Now depending on your year and model, you may or may not need that tool if the correct sensors are installed!

·
Registered
2010 EX-L
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, my old NT510 seems to be dead as a door nail (?). Before I invest in a new one, what are other popular bidirectional scanners? Autel? I’m willing to upgrade to a more reliable device, if such exists.

·
Registered
429 Posts

This is the Foxwell NT630 - now for $105. Is this better?

·
Registered
684 Posts

This is the Foxwell NT630 - now for $105. Is this better?
So price is 119 for PRIME users 149 for everyone else...
I guess amazon had to offer some actual benefit to prime membership besides not sitting on your order for 5 working days before they ship it.
Sketchy, dishonest company. Hit or miss if they screw you or treat you like a king. Couple years ago I ended up getting a $400 12v freezer for free that had a manageable defect. Happy me. A year later they pulled some really dishonest **** to get out of a cyber monday deal that was a price they didnt want to sell the product at. On top of the times I have had prime membership trials added to orders when I didnt want it... Heck with that.
I still use amazon but find ebay is more honest and amazons prices are usually higher.
/off_topic_rant

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey EX Sterling Gray Metallic
996 Posts
I've been a prime member since prime started. They used to ship your packages the day you ordered them and you'd receive them in one day. Now even prime users have to wait several days sometimes. It's not what it used to be.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Depending on the closest Prime warehouse, you can get 1-day shipping. We're lucky and many times we do. So waiting 2 days feels like a long time. Recently I ordered something that took about 4 days to ship and another 4 to receive. 7 - 8 days used to seem pretty normal. Amazon and next day have really changed the way we shop. I was a marketing major in college and I find it interesting how it makes impulse purchases easier. Free returns also gets us to buy stuff when we might hesitate if we had to actually go to a store.

When we lived in Italy, I got several parts for my Honda Stream from Amazon.it. Previously I used RockAuto but their international business wasn't sustainable so they trimmed it down to just North America. I learned that I could check several EU websites for the Honda P/N (since my Stream was Euro-spec), then find the matching P/N on RockAuto. For example I found the rear brakes on my Stream matched an S2000 but the front matched a Civic. Then if RockAuto sold the part I'd buy from them. If not, Amazon.it would sometimes have it for next-day delivery.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I agree with Juggawut. Prime is not what it used to be. I am a prime member too, and many of Amazon super warehouses are literally within 5-30 miles radius of my house. Yet, 50% of the times, my promised packages are 1-2 days late. It's like they have too many orders, and it is a matter of head or tail game. They are still the fastest compared to standard shippers though.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
@ thscott : what did you end up buying?

·
Registered
2010 EX-L
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ thscott : what did you end up buying?
I contacted Foxwell about my circa 2018 NT510 failure. After many emails with their customer support in China, they offered me a new Foxwell NT510 Elite with both Honda and VW software installed (what I had before) for $130. I decided to take this offer. It has been shipped and I am waiting for delivery.

Reactions: dntboles

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
That's not a bad deal since they gave you two car manufacturers. Makes me worry how long mine will last lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts