Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading many posts here recommending the Foxwell NT510, I just ordered one on Amazon for Honda.
I'm sure it will take me awhile to appreciate and learn everything I can do with it.
Besides the normal code reading and reset functions and the live data, what are some of the key things I should know about this device in terms of what it is capable of doing? Is there a good thread or website that provides a tutorial on its capabilities and instructions on using those capabilities?
For example, resetting or calibrating the PCM? I don't want to screw things up.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just received my Foxwell NT510 yesterday. Took only 3 days to ship from Hong Kong! I believe, based on my limited research, that the NT520 replaces the NT510. Best I can tell the NT520 has an "improved display". I think the reason the NT510's are selling now for $179 on Amazon is that they are discontinued, being replaced by the NT520.

I am excited to learn about and use my new tool!

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
$179 has been the regular price on the NT510 for quite some time.

It does appear that the NT520 is the new version of the NT510. Even the instruction manual still has "NT510" written in it in some places.

·
Registered
592 Posts
You can also get them directly from Foxwelltool.com for $179 plus free shipping.

Foxwelltool recently advertised "Lifetime Free Update" on this unit, but I am still not sure if it is free liefetime update on the software of 1 free car brand software, which you get to pick when activating the unit; or it is just a lifetime free update of the firmware.

·
Registered
10,922 Posts
It's lifetime on the software for the whole tool, including the one car brand you pick, or multiple if you purchase additional car makes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the Foxwell NT510. Here's a couple things I can think of off the top of my head:

• Resetting specific maintenance reminders. It has reminders for oil, ATF, a couple others things. If you reset without a tool, it resets all of them (which makes them all useless except for oil). If you reset with the tool, you can pick which one to reset.
  • Testing sensors and motors. With the scanner, you can tell it to do things like engage the AC clutch, or open/close the automatic sliding door. It's great for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you happen to know where the option is for testing the AC clutch? I have. A 14 odyssey and an NT510 and can’t seem to find it.

I have the Foxwell NT510. Here's a couple things I can think of off the top of my head:

• Resetting specific maintenance reminders. It has reminders for oil, ATF, a couple others things. If you reset without a tool, it resets all of them (which makes them all useless except for oil). If you reset with the tool, you can pick which one to reset.
  • Testing sensors and motors. With the scanner, you can tell it to do things like engage the AC clutch, or open/close the automatic sliding door. It's great for troubleshooting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts