Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Being a bit of a knuckle head, I finally figured out how to add more vehicles to my NT510 Elite.
Mine came with Honda preloaded.

Somehow was thinking its all done through the foxwell assist program on your computer, which is partly right.
you have to create an account with foxwelltech.us
Then go here and buy the software for the make of car you want.

With the scanner plugged into your computer via USB, select the Update option on the main screen, then on your computer, go back into your foxwell assist program signed in with your foxwelltech.us account, go to downloads and refresh, and you should see your purchased software for the additional vehicles.
select it and download, it will update the scanner with the new vehicle.

not overly complicated or straight forward either.

hope this helps someone.
Do the NT530 softwares are more expensive than the NT510?...some places I see it $60 some $70 some $80...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Make sure you buy from a reputable source. That price you found seems unusually low to me so I’d be suspicious. It normally sells for around $179 on Amazon or direct from Foxwell. As said, there are newer models now (520, 530).
True and thanks for the reminder. I usually go ahead and do a little background check of the buyer (reading feedback, location, others item the sells,) before buying something more then $100+ on ebay.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Do the NT530 softwares are more expensive than the NT510?...some places I see it $60 some $70 some $80...
good question...
for the 510 its 60USD per vehicle from foxwelltech.us
I only see whats available for my device not others.

I find their site well managed and everything is associated to the SN of the device.
wonder what happens if your device fails, can you transfer the vehicles / licensing to a replacement device.
most likely need to open a support ticket for that one.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I believe and help me out if I'm wrong. But both could basically have the same features only difference looks like the nt530 you can buy extra car's brand that are not available for the nt520 or nt510... We owned two brands...Mazda and Honda.
finding it hard to find the differences between the three, wonder if the higher models have faster processors.

The 510 is a slow dog, not sure if its the pcm that causes it to be slow or its 25Mhz processor, but when it says quick scan, just run it walk away crack open a beer or any other tasty beverage, drink it, go back and youll have your scan results.

·
Registered
779 Posts
finding it hard to find the differences between the three, wonder if the higher models have faster processors.

The 510 is a slow dog, not sure if its the pcm that causes it to be slow or its 25Mhz processor, but when it says quick scan, just run it walk away crack open a beer or any other tasty beverage, drink it, go back and youll have your scan results.
:LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
The reviews aren't as good on the NT530 as on the NT510. It's likely the same software as the NT510 but no way to know without comparing them side by side. I've had pretty decent luck with the NT510 so that's what I recommend. It's not perfect but for the price it's pretty good.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Reactions: Ticket

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
Interesting comparison. Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
I noted the addition if a Nissan to the available cars. At $60 or more for other manufacturers this tool doesn't make sense for a shop. I'd prefer the Launch Diagun which would come with all manufacturers. Besides, I've found too many things that don't work on even the NT510 tool. I tried to do an OBD scan on a 2000 Jeep Cherokee but the tool wouldn't read it.

It's a great tool for some enhanced functions for a DIY situation where you have two, maybe three cars it will ever be used on.

Reactions: Ticket

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Being a bit of a knuckle head, I finally figured out how to add more vehicles to my NT510 Elite.
Mine came with Honda preloaded.

Somehow was thinking its all done through the foxwell assist program on your computer, which is partly right.
you have to create an account with foxwelltech.us
Then go here and buy the software for the make of car you want.

With the scanner plugged into your computer via USB, select the Update option on the main screen, then on your computer, go back into your foxwell assist program signed in with your foxwelltech.us account, go to downloads and refresh, and you should see your purchased software for the additional vehicles.
select it and download, it will update the scanner with the new vehicle.

not overly complicated or straight forward either.

hope this helps someone.
foxwell sent me this yesterday, on how to add additional vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think a lot of it is because Foxwell is a Chinese company and a lot of stuff gets “lost in translation “.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I noted the addition if a Nissan to the available cars. At $60 or more for other manufacturers this tool doesn't make sense for a shop. I'd prefer the Launch Diagun which would come with all manufacturers. Besides, I've found too many things that don't work on even the NT510 tool. I tried to do an OBD scan on a 2000 Jeep Cherokee but the tool wouldn't read it.

It's a great tool for some enhanced functions for a DIY situation where you have two, maybe three cars it will ever be used on.
Yeah weird that Nissan is only available with the NT530.
I looked at the "newer" models too and ended up going with the NT510.

Foxwell's website and some of their products are very strange...
Can the NT510 read obd2 codes on Nissan's?. I believe why it wouldn't? Foxwell states that it doesn't do Nissan, but just as software reading, or even obd2 readings. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Can the NT510 read obd2 codes on Nissan's?. I believe why it wouldn't? Foxwell states that it doesn't do Nissan, but just as software reading, or even obd2 readings. Thanks in advance guys.
The NT510 can read OBD2 codes from any car that supports it, and Nissan (like every other car manufacturer) are required by law to support it. So yes, the NT510 can read OBD2 codes from Nissans.

It's all the proprietary stuff outside of the OBD2 specification that you need to purchase the extra software to support.

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
The NT510 can read OBD2 codes from any car that supports it, and Nissan (like every other car manufacturer) are required by law to support it. So yes, the NT510 can read OBD2 codes from Nissans.

It's all the proprietary stuff outside of the OBD2 specification that you need to purchase the extra software to support.
That's what Foxwell says but I tried to scan a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with my NT510 in OBDII mode and it wouldn't connect. I don't usually get out my Foxwell for OBDII scans but it was out from something else so I just grabbed it to do this scan. I was surprised when it didn't work.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's what Foxwell says but I tried to scan a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with my NT510 in OBDII mode and it wouldn't connect. I don't usually get out my Foxwell for OBDII scans but it was out from something else so I just grabbed it to do this scan. I was surprised when it didn't work.
Yeah, that's strange then. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah weird that Nissan is only available with the NT530.

The attachment above shows Nissan as a vehicle that can be purchased, will be a 60 USD gamble to see if the Nissan software works.
might even be able to get a refund if it doesn't.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The attachment above shows Nissan as a vehicle that can be purchased, will be a 60 USD gamble to see if the Nissan software works.
might even be able to get a refund if it doesn't.
That's for the software that supports the proprietary Nissan codes. The basic OBD2 functions should work with any Nissan even without purchasing that software. (but as John pointed out, that may not be universally true)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts