Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Silver

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other? (please note)

Votes: 8 40.0%

Frivolous color poll

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  KBecks 
#1 ·
What color do you think we should get (if we commit to a van this month)?

We are mid-30's with a 2 y.o. and a 4 month old. Both boys -- do we do the blue?? Plan to keep the van a long time.

I'm leaning more toward Nimbus or Ocean, only because Silver is so common around here, though Silver is the practical choice.

What do you recommend for us? (It will be EX).

Note, we are currently test driving one, it's the new red color -- it shows dirt easy. The nimbus also shows more dirt than the silver, although the olive interior might be lighter/prettier.

None of the colors grabbed me tonight -- closest dealer does not have silver.

I like the van.... although getting the van means DH will get my beloved TL..... I hate to give up driving it!!!!

--Ocean Mist
--Nimbus Gray
--Silver
--Other??

See less See more
#2 ·
Slate Green Metallic. Comes with the Olive interior. Except for the edge of the side mirror, you can't tell what color your Ody is from the inside. So make sure you love that. Not that you don't have to love the outside. You have to to get it up to wash the whale.

#3 ·
Can you get white?
We have a white 2004 and it does not show dirt nearly as much as the other colors. We too have a 2 and 5 year old and we dont get to clean the van as often as we would like to. Silver is kinda boring (too many of them on the road) and blue is a color that seems to me can get outdated after several years.
Just my opinion

#4 ·
It doesn't matter what we think, get whatever you like best!

I prefer the darker colors, but I also keep my vehicles clean. If you aren't going to keep it clean, then best to go with something like slate green.

Personally, I really like the new dark cherry color, it is very sharp (much better than the previous Redrock in my opinion). I might have opted for this over SageBrush had it been available in '06.

#5 ·
I have Slate Green and really love it. It looks clean even when it's filthy (which it tends to be since I have two young children also), and it's more of a grayish/blue color than the name would imply. The silver isn't a true silver. It's got flecks of gold in it so it looks like champagne in some lights.

I would absolutely get Slate Green again. If I couldn't get Slate Green, I'd get Ocean Blue. There is one in my neighborhood and it's really a nice shade of blue. You can only get the gray interior with the blue, if I remember correctly. (PS: I love my gray cloth interior.)

#6 ·
Mommyvan said:
I have Slate Green and really love it. It looks clean even when it's filthy (which it tends to be since I have two young children also), and it's more of a grayish/blue color than the name would imply. The silver isn't a true silver. It's got flecks of gold in it so it looks like champagne in some lights.

I would absolutely get Slate Green again. If I couldn't get Slate Green, I'd get Ocean Blue. There is one in my neighborhood and it's really a nice shade of blue. You can only get the gray interior with the blue, if I remember correctly. (PS: I love my gray cloth interior.)
The slate is available in either Olive or Quartz

#7 ·
Good to know you love the gray cloth. Our 2 contenders now are silver (gray) and the new nimbus gray (olive), although we may change our minds before the end.

I like Ocean, but DH doesn't. Then again, it will be my car to drive :D

#8 ·
Get the nisbits gray with the OLIVE, the OLIVE color splash on the website is so far off, its almost a bit of gray with a tint of green. I am so glad that the dealer told me today about this, There are very few NISBITS out there, so track one down and check it out. You will be glad you did.

#9 ·
I think it's down to Nimbus or Silver (haven't seen an Ocean in person in a long time, DH doesn't like, and I'm not sure it's worth the 20 min drive + effort to sway him).

Since we're keeping the car for 10 years (or that's the plan), I'm leaning a little toward silver, as it may hold up better. We are not gentle with cars, and so the exterior and upholstery will take some spills, scratches, etc. etc. Poor Ody!!!

I like the Nimbus though, and I like the olive interior. Right now both our cars have tan interiors, and they still look pretty good.

My first Ody sighting of the new model was a silver, and I thought -- wow, what a good looking minivan, and I like the silver -- so I think that may be a good sign for that color. The Nimbus is a little iffy. It didn't wow me on first sight, but I like it. However, I have seen a couple nimbus ridgelines on the lot and I dislike the color on that truck. It has a green cast in some light..... then again, the one I parked next to at the children's museum the other day looked great.

I sent out email bid requests on Saturday and got our first reply back of 15 dealers -- I'm convinced email negotiating is the way to go -- the first bid looks great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.