Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search the forum and learned the following. My radio is not working because the front accessory outlet has come apart inside the central lower dash...just below the tilt-out compartment.

Is there some basic instructions for taking apart the dash to get at the accessory outlet so I can reassemble it? I tried to take it apart but I am having trouble getting to the part.

If you have a link, that would be great...thanks!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
To get the lower trim off pry out the clip on each side. Then pop thr cover straight back. There are three clips that need to be popped out. As for the radio are you sure you didn't overload the power outlet and blow the fuse. It is fuse 9 in the passenger fuse box. Are you just guesstng it came apart or is it really broken. This problem comes up all the time by people plugging heavy duty power strips or accessaries in the plugs. They will only supply about 100 watts reliably. That is for both front and back together. A defective charger cable will also blow the fuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We didn't use anything in the power outlet. The outlet is jingling around like a bell (all the parts are floating around) and from other posts I've read, this cuts the connection with the radio...the fuses are all fine. Once I get to the outlet and fix it, the radio should be fine. I am guessing I need to take more pieces off to get there...anyone have any pictures?

·
Registered
6 Posts
nhmountainman said:
We didn't use anything in the power outlet. The outlet is jingling around like a bell (all the parts are floating around) and from other posts I've read, this cuts the connection with the radio...the fuses are all fine. Once I get to the outlet and fix it, the radio should be fine. I am guessing I need to take more pieces off to get there...anyone have any pictures?
Mine is the same way, but it and everything else still work. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts