Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend's Mercury Villager front brake squeaks alot for years. His mechanics adjusted the brake load to put more load on the rear brake. His problem goes away.

What's the proper setting for Ody front and rear brakes 50-50, 70-30?

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Leather Steerling Wheel Cover, Pioneer 1655 front speakers, 1086 rear speakers, Lojack

·
Registered
318 Posts
If I recall correctly there are no manual adjustment available on the Odyssey, it is electronically controlled. I will have to re-check my Helm Honda service manual on this to confirm.

Ok here it is, Helm Manual Honda Odyssey 1999-2000, page 19-39 bottom paragraph;

Electronic Brake Distribution:
The electronic brake distribution (EBD) function helps control vehicle braking by adjusting the rear brake force before the ABS operates. Based on wheel sensor signals, the ABS control units uses the modulator to control the rear brakes individually.

Best regards from Montreal

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bjk2001:
My friend's Mercury Villager front brake squeaks alot for years. His mechanics adjusted the brake load to put more load on the rear brake. His problem goes away.

What's the proper setting for Ody front and rear brakes 50-50, 70-30?

</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RobertC:
If I recall correctly there are no manual adjustment available on the Odyssey, it is electronically controlled. I will have to re-check my Helm Honda service manual on this to confirm.

Ok here it is, Helm Manual Honda Odyssey 1999-2000, page 19-39 bottom paragraph;

Electronic Brake Distribution:
The electronic brake distribution (EBD) function helps control vehicle braking by adjusting the rear brake force before the ABS operates. Based on wheel sensor signals, the ABS control units uses the modulator to control the rear brakes individually.

Best regards from Montreal

</font>
Robert, thanks!

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Leather Steerling Wheel Cover, Pioneer 1655 front speakers, 1086 rear speakers, Lojack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts