Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to this sway bar bush on the drivers side one bolt seems to be blocked and i cant get a socket on it

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Been a while since I did this. I had combination of stubby wrench and 1/4 drive sockets. I think had to use 12-pt wrench on it. A ratcheting wrench helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am pretty sure I gave up on that one... ie what I did was loosen it all as much as I could and then slid/pushed the new one in that place and buttoned it up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only thing I could find on youtube was being done on an 2004, and he went at it from the top using a couple of long extensions....I don't know if that can be done with this generation, but may be something worth taking a peek at.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is definitely no room as Jeff is asking. The only solution is a good 'ol wrench. But even then the bolt is too long to clear. I ended up again as I recall using a very thin ratcheting wrench, loosening it as far as I could (which results in the wrench getting stuck) Popping out the bushing and just sliding it in from the side and bolt it back up. Completely removing it (I had new parts) was impossible!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
MrRangerZr1
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing