Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking for an aftermarket front bumper. Preferably one that I can order painted the color that I want ( as per the paint code).

My front bumper is beat to hell. Please see picture.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Vehicle registration plate Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
516 Posts
I will always second the vote for the u-pull it yard. usually bumpers come off relatively easily.

I mostly own Toyotas and unfortunately, they usually wind up in those yards because of a front end collision. Not true of the Odysseys. They can appear in those lots almost untouched. Driven by suburban soccer moms until the transmission goes.

Your headlights look even better in those pictures :)

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,292 Posts
Your bumper looks new, compared to mine. Don't waste your time.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will always second the vote for the u-pull it yard. usually bumpers come off relatively easily.

I mostly own Toyotas and unfortunately, they usually wind up in those yards because of a front end collision. Not true of the Odysseys. They can appear in those lots almost untouched. Driven by suburban soccer moms until the transmission goes.

Your headlights look even better in those pictures :)
Based on my research, my year (2010) Odyssey is not the one with transmission problems.

The only reason I'm letting this band nickel and dime me and throwing parts at it is because it's a work van and it drives beautifully.

Believe it or not. I rented a late model Chevrolet Colorado fully loaded to go from Jacksonville Florida to Auburn alabama. There and back.

When I got back in my 2010 270k on the OD Honda odyssey, there was a night and day difference in the way it drove and road. My Odyssey drove in road so much better than that late model colorado. I was beside myself.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was watching a YouTube video.
This video instructed me (in order to remove the front bumper) I would have to completely remove this screw (see attached pictures). Why would have to completely remove the screw?
It looks like that screw pretty much holds in a bracket which would hold in the front bumper on the side.

Also attached to YouTube video. It looks like on either left or right hand side on the 2007 Honda Odyssey there's a bolt and on a 2010 (what I have) appears to be one of those "push in" clips.

Automotive tire Hood Rim Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Hood Grey Automotive exterior Wood Tints and shades

Hood Automotive lighting Material property Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
516 Posts
The white plastic bumper hanger typically fits into the fender and is held on by a screw or two. The bumper is attached to each fender with a screw through a hole on the bumper flange into that fender hanger and there are a series of holes on the flange that snap into the bumper hanger’s tabs

1 - 20 of 92 Posts