Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just bought our 2008 Odyssey and as I understand it, there should be a compartment in the front under the seat warmer buttons / aux plug area. What is this compartment called so that I can inform the dealer about it. I wanted to refer to the actual name if it has one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
we just bought our 2008 Odyssey and as I understand it, there should be a compartment in the front under the seat warmer buttons / aux plug area. What is this compartment called so that I can inform the dealer about it. I wanted to refer to the actual name if it has one.
Hi.

I just recently picked up a 2008 Odyssey also. The compartment you are looking for is called a "Center Pocket" according to the owners manual.

If you purchased the car from a Honda dealer as a Honda Certified Used Car, they are supposed to provide it for you, if it is missing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi.

I just recently picked up a 2008 Odyssey also. The compartment you are looking for is called a "Center Pocket" according to the owners manual.

If you purchased the car from a Honda dealer as a Honda Certified Used Car, they are supposed to provide it for you, if it is missing.
The tech manuel refers to the compartment between the radio and cup holders as the center pocket. The bottom one is just part of the center bottom cover. I find it odd that it's missing as I don't know if it can be removed without taking out the whole plastic at the bottom of the center part of the dash.

Nicolas

·
Registered
349 Posts
I can and have removed this drawers e/pocket on my '07 to do the seat heater switch back light replacement. Mine is difficult at best to put back in so once you get them to provide this drawer make them install it. Do/did you find one under the front pass. seat as well.?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I would be more concerned about getting the right kind of compartment than what to call it. I would just tell them it is the storage compartment at the bottom of the center stack, but keep in mind that there are two different kinds of storage compartments. If you have the DVD player, it is more like a pull out drawer, where as if you don't it is more like a drop down compartment.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the DVD/ Drawer version, and its the most useless compartment in teh whole vehicle, IMHO. We can't find anything that fits in there, maybe a radar detector or a pack of gum, perhaps a mans wallet, but anything of size won't go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would be more concerned about getting the right kind of compartment than what to call it. I would just tell them it is the storage compartment at the bottom of the center stack, but keep in mind that there are two different kinds of storage compartments. If you have the DVD player, it is more like a pull out drawer, where as if you don't it is more like a drop down compartment.
There seems to be more storage compartments in our Ody than we have stuff for ! :DD

We have the non-DVD/RES EX-L with the said storage compartment. I'm too lazy to reach all the way down there for anything we need all the time. So I only keep our Sandisk Sansa MP3 player in there, connected to the cord that goes to the Aux input jack. When not in use, the Sansa goes in there and is pretty much out of sight from curious would-be break-in artists :cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry OP, I didn't intend to send you on a wild goose chase I should have been more descriptive with my year and trim level. I have an '07 EXL RES/NAV so I have the drawer type compartment. I put my cell phone charger in it when not in use. I have a second drawer type of compartment under the front pass. seat.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry OP, I didn't intend to send you on a wild goose chase I should have been more descriptive with my year and trim level. I have an '07 EXL RES/NAV so I have the drawer type compartment. I put my cell phone charger in it when not in use. I have a second drawer type of compartment under the front pass. seat.
Do only some trims offer that drawer compartment under the passenger seat ? I was disappointed ours don't have one.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Do only some trims offer that drawer compartment under the passenger seat ? I was disappointed ours don't have one.
I believe they were dropped to make way for the power passenger seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can go to the parts department and they can pull up a diagram of the center console and you can show them exactly what you are talking about and they can tell you what it is called. Sometimes parts names are odd. I ordered the small piece that covers the key insert at the gear shifter and it was called a lid.

·
Registered
513 Posts
HondaPartsNow has it as a single part with the bottom of the console (Part #10, 77291-SHJ-A01ZA):

Part Detail

What is there right now, just a hole?

Nicolas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HondaPartsNow has it as a single part with the bottom of the console (Part #10, 77291-SHJ-A01ZA):

Part Detail

What is there right now, just a hole?

Nicolas
Oddly enough, it doesn't list out the actual "center pocket" tray that is missing. See the picture from the manual (attached)...this is what's missing. It's not noticable that it's missing until you look for it, so that's why we missed it...my sister-in-law has the exact van and she's the one who actually told us about it when she saw our car.

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Oddly enough, it doesn't list out the actual "center pocket" tray that is missing. See the picture from the manual (attached)...this is what's missing. It's not noticable that it's missing until you look for it, so that's why we missed it...my sister-in-law has the exact van and she's the one who actually told us about it when she saw our car.
Oh, so it's part 11, not 10... Odd thing is it is different between the parts and manual drawings: One has it pull-down, the other pull-out...

As I noted in my first response, I have not seen the actual drawer/pocket apart from the whole bottom console part.

Nicolas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, so it's part 11, not 10... Odd thing is it is different between the parts and manual drawings: One has it pull-down, the other pull-out...

As I noted in my first response, I have not seen the actual drawer/pocket apart from the whole bottom console part.

Nicolas

As I understand it, the "pull-down" is for non-DVD...the "pull-out" tray is if you have the DVD (Which we do, so it'll be a pull-out tray). So not being a separate part (according to that Honda parts link you sent) is worrisome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried to see if I could take the tray out without taking apart the console, but was unsuccessful. It looks like you would have to take off the 2 console heater covers, before you can remove the center console where the center pocket is located.

The parts diagram that nicomtl linked to should give you an idea how to take it apart.

I don't remember you mentioning whether or not this is a Honda Certified Odyssey. If it is, then they should definitely be taking care of this for you at no charge.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts