Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Honda exl that has been impossible to keep the front end aligned and tires balanced. Just had the alignment done and tires rotated and balanced before going on vacation. Drove 350 miles and was excellent now it is going out again. When I bought the van they put on new tires but they had been setting for 7 years and were a truck tires not van tires this has been going on for 5 yrs and 25000 miles could the tires be causing the problems or something else love the van but am feed up with this problem and thinking of getting another vehicle. I have had 5 different people do the alignment. Please advise

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
758 Posts
You probably have a bad suspension component somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to have it checked when I get home would the alignment people or my mechanic be the one I should take it to

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
758 Posts
I plan to have it checked when I get home would the alignment people or my mechanic be the one I should take it to
It somewhat depends. If you specifically ask for the alignment people to check for suspension issues, they might be able to find it. If you end up with a diagnosis from them, I'd take it to a mechanic just to confirm it, and then go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It somewhat depends. If you specifically ask for the alignment people to check for suspension issues, they might be able to find it. If you end up with a diagnosis from them, I'd take it to a mechanic just to confirm it, and then go from there.
thanks

·
Registered
9,028 Posts
Drove 350 miles and was excellent now it is going out again.
A quick loss of wheel alignment like this is not uncommon, especially on an older vehicle. A rough or potholed road can also contribute to the problem.

Lower control arm bushings often become weak on the Ody. This causes the LCA to change position which throws off the toe then the car no longer tracks straight.

Since this is an ongoing problem, take it to your mechanic first and explain the situation. Bring past alignment reports if you have them.

A general mechanic is usually more inclined to find the problem. Alignment shops often throw parts at it, at your expense of course.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Odyssey Touring
38 Posts
I just changed the LCA's, sway bar end links, and the front struts and rear shocks on my 2007. Haven't even gotten it re-aligned after all of the work and the change in how it tracks is incredible. Got all the parts from 1A Auto for about $350.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i plan on taking to my mechanic when i get home. it is really ridiculus how easy things wear out. i only had to have my 1999 infinity aligned at the most 4 times in 18 years and was never really bad and had 263000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Buff, what makes you say the alignment is out?

What happens when your alignment goes out.?

If I read you right, the tires on your van are now 12 years old, and should be replaced based on time. Time weakens the tire material, but I really, really doubt they are the cause of your problem, whatever that is, unless one of the tires has something like a bad belt or tread separation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts