Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Odyessy with less than 3000 miles and for the last few weeks when I turn the wheel to the right and back up I have an occasional knock. I have had it to the dealer 3 times with no success finding it. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing it? I’m really not sure it is in the front, it’s just an occasional knock.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That's definitely a warranty issue. Is there another dealer you can consult? Actually, all dealers (techs in general) should be able to diagnose that noise because it's part of the safety check - steering and suspension. Did the noise appear when you had it at the dealer three times? If it didn't do it, they may find it hard to diagnose.

Perhaps someone can clarify this for me, but wasn't there a thread about loose shock towers or defective towers?

·
Registered
40 Posts
See this thread, post #4. Give it a try before going to another dealership. Its a quick fix that can be done in a few minutes.

The noise may be coming from your telescoping steering column splined shaft. Its a common problem that has been fixed with grease.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like it’s a suspension issue. Possible bad cv joints? Go to another dealer for a different opinion and another set of eyes. Good luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine started with a noticeable pop backing up than can be heard slowly forward while turning. after five months going back and forth. two Fridays ago, they had three Techs looking(hearing) at it; they found out there was shock retention on the driver side that was not removed during PDI.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I think these PDI things are a joke. They cost us big bucks and after my last PDI, I found parts of a chocolate bar on the second-row seats!! I swear the techs look at some things on the list and think, "I don't really need to check that out."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn’t pay the PDI fee on any of the last 4 vehicles I bought. After all the wheeling and dealing was over I told the salesman the dealer prep was hog wash and just a way for the dealer to make more money. Look it up, it’s just added costs so the dealer makes more profit. They will tell you that they have to charge the fee, and they are right but they can discount something else. All four took the dealer prep fee off.
Dealer added options are also another way they make more profit. For example, 100.00 dollars for nitrogen in the tires. The list goes on and on.:(

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Agreed, Bamajoey. That's why so many folks on this forum call them, "stealerships." I had never heard that term until joining this forum :).

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think these PDI things are a joke. They cost us big bucks and after my last PDI, I found parts of a chocolate bar on the second-row seats!! I swear the techs look at some things on the list and think, "I don't really need to check that out."
Hey after receiving my ODY (assuming they did a PDI), they left behind on second row seats a Snap-On screwdriver that looked new!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts