Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I searched and searched before posting, but I am at the point where I need answers.

After ordering the 5 mounts for the van I went to replace the front and realized I had the wrong one apparently(50800-S3V-A82 (03-05 Pilot)
So I tried to reorder it from Advance Auto and they tried to sell me the same one, I searched the usual places bernardi, magestic, ebay,, ...ect and the ones that have pictures look a lot like the wrong part with no vacuum line.

I know that the mount for the 99-04 is 50800-S0X-A04 and the one they sent me is the 50800-S3V-A82 (03-05 Pilot). I called the dealer and was told that the mount for the 99 odyssey isn't compatible with any other vehicles but when I search they are the same mount.

Any input about the correct engine mount would be helpful
Thanks so much
-Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
The front mount for 99-04 Odyssey is 50800-S0X-A04. I'm not positive, but I think the original front mount for 99-01 was a different mount. I believe Honda upgraded the mount in 2002 because they were leaking. See the thread below where kminer posts photos of an old mount from a 99.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/32984-front-motor-mount-help-please.html

By the way, I bought a new front mount for my 2003 made by Anchor at RockAuto for $44. This is one-third to one-fourth of what the dealer charges. So far it's working fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, he says "the new mount looks beefier" I am not sure if he got the one for the pilot and if so what he did with the vacuum line. here is a picture of the vacuum line attached to the original and one of the replacement.

Looks like I will have to get the one from the dealer $191 vs the one from auto zone $74, the price you pay for the right part.

Am I missing something here?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duralast 14519 at Auto Zone has the vacuum port! going to pick it up right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having the same issue w/ the Odyssey, (2000) says its supposed to be a replacement but having trouble getting the part to fit at the moment. Suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me both parts seemed to fit but when I realized one didn't have the vacuum port I tracked down the correct one. where are you having trouble? do you have the engine jacked up and supported?
For me I also had the heads and exhaust off and out of the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I have (had at the moment) the engine supported and lifted a tad - the problem is that when the rubber pad is in the new mount, the whole thing is too "tall" for the holes to align on the grey aluminum piece to attach it to the front of the engine. That aside, the base of the new mount doesn't align properly (4 hole) if the (3 hole) aluminum piece is on top of where its supposed to be. So I took the rubber pad out, and re installed and the height is better, but the side to side alignment isn't on target, and I think I would probably have to cross thread the bolts into the holes to get em to go at the moment. I don't understand why this isn't working really, I'm almost embarrassed that its taken me so long to do this one damned part. Thoughts? I'm headed back down in a bit to try (again....)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Things I did to help:
Losen the passnger side mount top two bolts.
back out the bolts on the front aluminum bracket but leave the bottom bolts though the bracket while you hand tighten the four bottom bolts.
remember to torque all bolts when the weight of the engine is on them. then its front back then sides.
Good Luck!
Sam

·
Registered
84 Posts
replaced both the passenger side and front on sunday past on my '01 with honda mounts. did the side mount first, pretty straight forward. front mount next, took a little more thought but got it done, recommend having a 14 mm combination wrench. where as the side mount was a visual dead match, the front was visually a little different. the original front was 'wrapped' in rubber with then a removable rubber 'hat' atop it but the replacement was without any rubber. in my case, the front mount installed with all bolt holes lining up and a place to plug in the vacuum line. no rubber pad involved in my case and only part that i removed other than the mount to remove the mount was the plastic trim on the front of the motor that is held on by 2 plastic 'flat head screws'. accessed all 4 mount to frame bolts from the top, didn't have to go under the van for one of them like others reported doing. good luck, like any job, if having to do it again, you now know the tricks that would allow you to do it in half the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts