Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we're on the topic of things fitting, am I the only one whose front floor mat doesn't really fit well?

The driver's side fits fine, but the passenger side needs the front corner to be shoved HARD down in between the carpet and the plastic trim. And even then, it doesn't lie flat, not really. There's enough of a hump that it's difficult to use the underseat tray.

It looks for all the world like it's badly cut or something.

This is a 2002 model.

Anyone???

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Have you tried also pushing the driver's side under the trim to stretch the mat a little?

I think the mats are shipped folded and it may take a couple of months to make them lay flat, or at least as flat as they can. I know mine fit better now than they did when new. Also, the center of the floor isn't perfecly flat, so it always looks like there's a slight rise there.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there's that hook on the driver's side; there isn't really anywhere for the driver's side to stretch to, without stretching the hole past the hook.

So, the only place to stretch to is the passenger side. I admit, my mechanic saw it and said "They all do that, dammit" and proceeded to stretch the heck out of it under the passenger side plastic trim. Still and all, it's not lying flat.

I'm thinking Honda had something in mind with this design, something that's eluding me. Something that I'm not doing that Honda expects me to do.

Of course, I could be wrong; for example, the subwoofer install went OK right up to the point where you put everything back together. By Honda's instructions, you end up with the cupholder tray catching on all the extra wiring harness back there. You have to tie up some extra stuff in weird places to make everything clear. It wasn't as neat as I'd like to think Honda stuff is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
While we're on the topic of things fitting, am I the only one whose front floor mat doesn't really fit well?</font>
LOL adam, I was wondering the same thing about my 2002 floor mat!

------------------
-- Todd

'02 GG Odyssey EX-L

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ive got the same thing-seems like the passenger side is an inch or so too long. I got mine tucked underneath the kick panel and smoothed things out a bit.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, mine fits better now but not 100% well. Looks like maybe Honda had some quality control issues with floor mats, eh?

I'm talking with my salesman tomorrow. I'll bring it up.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Yep. I think this is a pretty well known problem. Tucked/folded one of the corners on the passenger side to get mine to sit really flat. A bit of an annoyance, but I can live with it. Honda should have sized the mat properly in the first place.
-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts