Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 Odyssey from a state which doesn't require a front license plate. The state I live in does require a front plate. I am trying to figure out how is the best way to install the front bracket. Do I really have to drill holes in my front bumper? I would love to see some pictures or hear from you if your Odyssey has a factory/dealer installed front license plate bracket.

BTW, I need to install my plates in the next 24 hours because the temporary is expiring; so getting the bracket from the selling dealership will take to long. I did find a bracket in back cargo area but it looks like it should be used for the rear license plate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On the front bumper there are some little indentations in the center. That's where you drill the holes to mount the bracket that came with the van. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm stuck with the opposite. I'm in a province with no front plate, and the brilliant dealer mounted the front bracket to put a promo dealership plate on. So now I'm stuck with 2 drilled holes in the bumper...

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm stuck with the opposite. I'm in a province with no front plate, and the brilliant dealer mounted the front bracket to put a promo dealership plate on. So now I'm stuck with 2 drilled holes in the bumper...
I made sure to specify to the salesperson that I did not want any dealership license plate frames, emblems or stickers on the van.

We have both front and back plates in Ontario. The dealer mounted them with 4 bolts as opposed to the usual two. I guess it is more secure that way.

;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ya so did I! They had to source the van from another dealership in Northern Quebec so it showed up that way...wasn't about to refuse it and wait 2 months to get the model / color I wanted etc etc..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, same with me! I have 2 drilled holes in my front bumper. My state does not require front license plates and I don't want anything in there. I was thinking if there are any plastic snap-ons I can place there to cover it up, something like a front parking sensor type.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No experience directly... and pretty expensive, but it's supposed to match.

BumperPlugs.com

·
Registered
786 Posts
As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew what the whole discussion would be. I'm guessing you bought in either Delaware or Pennsylvania ;)? Has anyone tried using the front plate bracket from the 3rd Gen? Mine came with a front bracket back in 06, and I would normally have refused it, but the plate was actually mounted underneath the bumper. It probably doesn't fit the same, but I thought it might be worth a shot. I still have mine that I could let go for the price of shipping :D. It appears as though the new Sienna's have the same problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got mine fixed. I went to Autozone and purchased two black door panel clips, which are glossy to match my exterior paint. Problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts