Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Odyssey is to be built on March 29th and we live in a state that does not require front license plates. I have seen some Odysseys with and w/o the plate holders and was wondering if the ones w/o requested that they do not drill the front holes. The ones from Hendrick Honda here have them drilled inorder to advertise Hendrick Honda. Any thoughts on covering the holes afterwards? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I removed the front license plate holder, it is attached with two bolts that are practically under the front bumper. If you remove it, which is the simplest one to remove I've seen, I don't think you will be able to see the holes unless you get at ground level and look up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
No drilling is necessary. The holes are located under the bumper as turnipgreen mentioned.

Here is a link to the tech section of this page showing the mounting of the front license plate (complete with pictures):
http://www.odyclub.com/tech/license.htm

If your dealer wants to drill holes in the bumper that will be visible to someone standing an looking at the front of your Ody, stop them before it's too late. It is completely unnecessary (especially if it's for THEIR badging).

Personally, I make the dealer remove all of THEIR badging from MY car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cmmeyers:
No drilling is necessary. The holes are located under the bumper as turnipgreen mentioned.

Here is a link to the tech section of this page showing the mounting of the front license plate (complete with pictures):
http://www.odyclub.com/tech/license.htm

If your dealer wants to drill holes in the bumper that will be visible to someone standing an looking at the front of your Ody, stop them before it's too late. It is completely unnecessary (especially if it's for THEIR badging).

Personally, I make the dealer remove all of THEIR badging from MY car.
</font>
In PA we do not need a front plate as well. I just had the dealer hold off on any installation and just give me the kit when I come and pick it up. This way there was no chance of them messing it up and I had the kit in case I needed it later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts