Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you all. I'm replacing my front pads and rotors tonight.

What are the wrench sizes to do this?

Also, any helpful tips on taking off the rotors would be appreciated, such as the screws holding them on..

Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I only did the pads on mine, the rotors still looked new. Painless to swap, not sure about the rotor. 10mm socket maybe? I forget....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rotor Replacement

I believe the bolts on the Front Calipers are 19mm....

The Phillips head screws on the rotors are a "bear" to get off. I would highly advise spraying them with allot of penetrating spray. The screws go all the way through and if they are rusted into place then you will mash the head and need to drill them out.

Hope that helps....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't even bother trying to use a Philips screwdriver for removing the screws on the rotors. Mine were frozen solid so I ended up using an impact screwdriver from Home Depot (about $10).

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are a couple of videos on YouTube that addresses removing the screws and replacing the rotors. Search on Honda Rotor Replacement in YouTube.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
To remove the screws 100% of the time you use a pin punch and hammer. Hold the punch at a 45 degree angle c-c-w and smack it. The screw will spin backwards or break off and allow the rotor to be removed. Everytime.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I replaced the rotors my accord a few months ago with the same PITA screws. Impact driver got two of them after serious beating. Decided to try heat for the others - came out after just a couple of smacks once they had been torched for a bit.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Standard socket sizes for working on Hondas, 8, 10, 14, 17, & 19mm. As long as you have these you can do almost anything on the van. As for removing the rotors, sometimes the screws are stuck sometimes they aren't. I just changed mine and only had to drill out one screw, all the others came out with just a little effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts