Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I had ask a while back but thought it is worth revisiting - does anyone know if i can buy the honda front park sensors? I know the rear sensors are available through h&a and bernardi but have not seen the front ones anywhere.

any help is appreciated!

P.S. I have already completed my first mod (installed honda roof rails a couple of weekends ago) and am itching for a new project...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would like to know this as well, I figure if I even do the fog light intall mide as well do the front bumper sensor intall at the same time if it is possible.

·
Registered
786 Posts
There are numerous aftermarket products that can be used to install parking assistance in the front bumper. If you are only looking for an audible warning, it should not be too difficult. But if you are looking for the visual indicator nicely integrated into the MID, its not going to happen easily. While I don't know exactly how it works for 2011, I can assure you it would require replacing many different components and its not a simple task of drilling the holes and plugging the system in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dash integration is not possible with an aftermarket solution. If you already have the rear sensors installed, I suppose you can tap into the circuit that connects to the sensor switch for power to the control unit of the aftermarket sensor. Just make sure the sensor is specifically designed for the front since rear proximity sensors beep at 4-5 feet but front sensors should activate at 2 ft.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dash integration is not possible with an aftermarket solution. If you already have the rear sensors installed, I suppose you can tap into the circuit that connects to the sensor switch for power to the control unit of the aftermarket sensor. Just make sure the sensor is specifically designed for the front since rear proximity sensors beep at 4-5 feet but front sensors should activate at 2 ft.
And make sure the front works in gears besides reverse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts