Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, for a few months now I've been noticing that when I'm in the 20-40 mph range that the front right tire feels like its driving over a washboard because of vibration. If I slow down or speed up it stops. One mechanic told me that he thought the tire needed balancing, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any thoughts...? Thanks in advance for any comments. (2004 with 184K)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Could be your lower ball joint and upper arm. Loose together could cause a lot of play to create the feeling you are sensing. At your mileage, I can guarantee that either one or both need to be replaced.

Good Luck

·
Registered
613 Posts
Definitely have someone look at it PRONTO. You don't want to have any of the possible worst scenarios happen - these could get you hurt or dead
1. bad tire, blows out at speed - mounted to front makes van hard to control.
2. bad suspension parts - breakage at any speed could result in injury

if suspension checks out, rotate tires on van front to back and see what happens.Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been noticing a similar effect, I'm waiting to get new tires (my front tires are damn near square) before really doing further troubleshooting.

Dale

·
Registered
419 Posts
Checking on the boot is not too hard to diagnose, just place a jack under the lower arm and raise enough to get the tire off the ground then check for play in the tire, Back and forth side to side, top and bottom.

If you feel play have someone move the tire and look at the joints you will see which one is bad. If it is tight , no play you are good to go.

Check the upper arm too for play.

Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts