Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently considering a 2011 Touring Elite and I love the van, but I am a little concerned about front seat leg room. I am 6'1" and I find that even with the seat all the way back, it is a little tight. I have never had this problem in a car before - usually I don't have the seat all the way back. My leg room in the passenger seat seems limited as well. We only test drove the car for a short period of time, so I would like to get the impression from those of you who are tall. Thanks for the input.

Jeff

·
Registered
687 Posts
I can't comment on the actual leg room as I am under 6 feet tall, but you're right, according to the specs from a recent Car and Driver minivan comparison, the 2011 Honda Odyssey has one of the smaller front row areas but the largest second row area.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6152/caranddriver201105maypa.png

Looks like the 2011 Nissan Quest has the most front row room!

:redface:

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is one of the reasons we decided against getting a 2011. I am 6' and I can't stretch my legs with the seat all the way back. I did not try the passenger side as I will be the primary driver for long trips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam. I agree that I can't "stretch out" my legs but I can find a comfortable position. I actually do not have the seat all the way back when I am driving. For me, it did take some time to find a comfortable driving position though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am 6'1" and have no problem what so ever with leg room and a comfortable position.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Some have complained about the dead pedal on the driver's side being too intrusive and bending the left leg when you rest your foot on it. I found it to be a bit of an issue, but I quickly got used to it. I'm only 5'8" though. I'd take it for a long drive to see if you can find a comfortable position. THere always seems to be something when shopping for vehicles. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same problem/concern after driving 550 mi over the weekend. At first I thought I just got spoiled driving my MDX, been complaining to my missus about this and been missing my CRV which kind gives me more leg room. Until I got a chance and borrowed my friends 2nd gen Ody and Cuz 3rd Gen too that I realized the big difference, validity of my concern and complaint. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this concern when i test drove the Ody prior to my purchase last Thursday.I too believe treh dead pedal is too INTRUSIVE and SHORT my 13 inch foot can't get comfortable on it and had some left hip strain after teh long drive. With this I am only 6'1" and 200 lbs.

Hope someone creative can give some good suggestions on how to resolve this concern.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ya that dead pedal is seriously annoying! To me it should be the same depth as the accelerator.
After our first road trip (500miles) I felt like taking a jackhammer to it! I got a little more used to it now, but still hate it.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Ya that dead pedal is seriously annoying! To me it should be the same depth as the accelerator.
After our first road trip (500miles) I felt like taking a jackhammer to it! I got a little more used to it now, but still hate it.
I think the best that we could hope for is an extra inch with the dead pedal. The wheel well is right under it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sat in one at a dealer. At 6'9", not good. Like my 07 better. More legroom!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you may laugh, but many tall people have short legs and viceversa, so you might not get a straight answer I'm afraid :)
I totally agree and that is my problem. Although I am not very tall (6'1") I have relatively long legs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am 6'3" and I would like about 2 more inches of legroom. The stock set up is clearly inadequate for the tall folks.

·
Registered
24 Posts

has anyone c ame up yert with a remedy !!! to this dead pedal!!! has soimeone really jack hammered it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone open up the carpet? Is there metal or some sort of support under it? If it's a support, maybe can be removed?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I wont have time to look this weekend, but I'll try to take it out.

I was kidding about jackhammering it btw... But I do have a feeling that it's the floor board metal under that plastic thing so no hope of moving it back a little.
Anyways, I'll have to check.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let us know what you find. I don't have the Ody yet to check out myself, but us tall folks appreciate the feedback! Hopefully it's just a plastic piece under the carpet like many other cars that can just be removed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am currently considering a 2011 Touring Elite and I love the van, but I am a little concerned about front seat leg room. I am 6'1" and I find that even with the seat all the way back, it is a little tight. I have never had this problem in a car before - usually I don't have the seat all the way back. My leg room in the passenger seat seems limited as well. We only test drove the car for a short period of time, so I would like to get the impression from those of you who are tall. Thanks for the input.

Jeff
Meh, if you didn't like it, it's not like it's going to get more comfortable the longer you sit in it. Just find a van that fits you better.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Okay, it is a pretty large piece of plastic under there, though it was night, and I only had a hand held flashlight in my garage. From what I saw it's pretty big and goes behind the pedals too...

·
Registered
24 Posts
any recommendations yet on how to get at least an extra inch of LEFT leg room

1 - 20 of 74 Posts