Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true? Are the front seats smaller in size as compared to the middle seats? My wife says they are two inches smaller in width and she is envious of our kid’s luxury. I would assume that the middle seats were the same as the front but this is not the case. I realize the van is a more narrow in the front and thus the smaller seat. Again, I would of thought Honda would have made all the seats the same size. I know the kids are happy they did not skimp on this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Actually, the people sitting in the second & third row seats should be envious because the front seats are the only ones that can recline all the way down.

BTW, do you know about the lounge chair trick?

-Nestor

</font>

No, what is the lounge chair trick?

·
1,484 Posts
Unfortunately Chuck's gallery is down so there's no available pics online (I think?). But I'll try my best to explain it.

Lounge Chair Trick:

1) Shift front passenger seat all the way forward.
2) Remove headrest
3) Recline seat all the way down

What you end up with is a long lounge chair in the Ody. There's also another known seat trick called the tailgate couch trick. What you do is...

Tailgate Couch Trick:

1) Make the third rows back support sit upright
2) Remove all the headrests in third row seat
3) Using the bottom lever unlatch the third row seat. Treat it as if you where putting the seat in the bin but instead the back support part will rest on the edge of the tailgate - preventing it from going all the way in so you can sit on it.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts