Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to do KYB front and rear (2000 EX 191K) and have been reading a lot in the related threads. So forgive me if this information is here somewhere but I haven't found it.

Is it normal to re-use the upper spring seat (#9 in the diagram - 51688-S0X-A02) and the rubber upper spring mounting (#2 in the diagram - 51402-S0X-A01)? Or do most people put new ones in when they do the struts? Since I see little mention of these parts, I am assuming that most people re-use them.

My 94 Toyota Previa had a similar setup and I did re-use these parts when I replaced the struts and so far that has been no problem.

And by the way, I just ordered KYB struts (334318,334317) and shocks (344353) as well as strut mounts (SM5211) and the boot/bumpers (SB105) from Just Suspension | Home with free shipping and 5% discount (using code "G00G5") for a total of $332.22 in case anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am wondering the same thing...I was considering H&R + KYB but was thinking I should get all the various other parts also and kind of make a complete assembly to just swap in. The various little parts (everything but springs and struts) is like $230...the complete Honda assembly is like $290.

Not sure what to do...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reused the spring seats. I have been pleased with the KYB EXCEPT that the KYB strut mounts failed after about a year (noisy). Not sure what that was all about.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I just replaced and put in the KYB mounts. Hope the mounts last as long as the OEMs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts