Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ranger do u remember the torque spec for the vtec screws?...I went out for a ride and it is sweating a bit around the area....if i remember well it was pretty tight when I took it off the first time. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All, thanks for all the info!

I ordered and changed the gaskets for the solenoid, and everything was fine, until i got to highway speeds.
van threw a CEL - p3497 and ran poorly.
From some other posts i read it could be caused from bad oil pressure in the solenoid - maybe from over tightening.
So i found torque specs of:
  • 110 in/lbs for long bolt,
  • 106 in/lbs for the 2 shorter
Re-torqued and still threw the code - this time CEL flashing with a p0304 - pulled the plug and it looked caked in oil.

any suggestion on what to do or look at next?
@MrRangerZr1 :)

PS - i hate this VCM BS - will be getting the VCMTuner once i have things stable again.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi All, thanks for all the info!

I ordered and changed the gaskets for the solenoid, and everything was fine, until i got to highway speeds.
van threw a CEL - p3497 and ran poorly.
From some other posts i read it could be caused from bad oil pressure in the solenoid - maybe from over tightening.
So i found torque specs of:
  • 110 in/lbs for long bolt,
  • 106 in/lbs for the 2 shorter
Re-torqued and still threw the code - this time CEL flashing with a p0304 - pulled the plug and it looked caked in oil.

any suggestion on what to do or look at next?
@MrRangerZr1 :)

PS - i hate this VCM BS - will be getting the VCMTuner once i have things stable again.
You probably need to change the valve assembly. Use OEM only, no dorman junk.

And disable VCM ASAP.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts