Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just joined this site to ask this question; maybe I'll stick around though.
My dad owns an Odyssey and it's been needing bearing changes. I'm planning on ordering from RockAuto but I'm not sure which is the right size and if I buy just 1 and it's a pair or they're individual.
Here's the catalog for the Bearings on a 2002 Odyssey.
2002 HONDA ODYSSEY Wheel Bearing

Can you guys help me out which one to purchase?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Frount or rear? If you are going to do this get a FSM and honda berrings your best bet is to remove the knuckel assy. and take to a machine shop to do the job of pressing it out and in oh it can be done other ways but it can be tough also can you tell witch side it is? you might need a wheel speed sensor also Why not call a shop near you to get checked out If it only one wheel and thay can tell you that it can be a money saver good luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
^^^ this. Until I got a 20-ton shop press not too long ago, any wheel bearing job I did, I'd pull the upright and take it into a shop. For $20 they'd get the old bearing out and install the new bearing (which I provided). One caveat to watch for - a lot of shops will heat the new bearing to get it in. The problem with that is that it can compromise the seals on the bearing and cause premature failure. Just food for thought...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts