While the Sienna is in no way perfect, we chose it for many reasons including the following:
1. Exterior Looks - I hate the new Ody
2. We wanted to try AWD
3. Push button start
4. 6 speed Trans (I know the Ody touring now has 6 speed)
5. More power (21 hp may not be a lot but it's still more)
6. Dual Moonroofs
7. Did I say it looks nicer yet?
8. We liked the lounge seats for the kids
I'm sure there are a few others I'm missing but those are the highlights that swayed us. Include the fact that the sales dept at newmarket honda did everything they could to piss me off and we're getting a Toyota.
We also just wanted a change. Even with a new Ody, there would still be many similar ergonomics, seats, buttons, etc that would be very similar and after 6 years we wanted to try something new.
Congrats on the Sienna! I like the 2011 Sienna over the new Odyssey as well. But one key point I like is the availability of AWD. I considered a Sienna in 08 but the look was dated then, MUCH better today. I think Sienna would be the choice today.