Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS 2008 Touring 25,555 miles in MI

White over Ivory

Under factory warranty ---- plus FULL HONDA CARE coverage through 7 yrs or 80,000 total miles!

Incredibly clean, perfect car. No rips, stains, pets, smoke, odors. No dents, dings, visible wear. Always used extra floor mats, so the original factory ones even still look brand new and fresh with no wear or embedded dirt. Regularly professionally detailed, and it shows. Driven gently by my wife, so it still feels new and behaves as such. No rattles or issues. All campaigns and TSBs performed.
Dealer maintained, garaged, car crazy owner who loves driving an Ody (and admits that he did not expect to).

This is the one you want if you're shopping a Touring. Avoid those dealer mystery-history lease turn in cars, go with one owned and well loved by a car fanatic and participating forum member with a good reputation to protect.

Can help find shipping company if needed.
Photos available by email.

$30,488 on Cars.com, but I'm partial to forum members seeking a good car and who contact me!

send/request pics and phone number via PM or this email:
mustbejay AT y a h o o DOT c o m

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, this van and price are both really great -- check the "comps" on cars.com and see how good the deal is!
Send me someone you're converting to the Ody lifestyle, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting to me that I got only one OdyClub inquiry given the posts from folks who research here before buying. This forum is great for parts, but maybe not as hot for newer vans?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
homer's van said:
Interesting to me that I got only one OdyClub inquiry given the posts from folks who research here before buying. This forum is great for parts, but maybe not as hot for newer vans?
Well most people on here already own an Ody.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Also - you may have a hard time here because everyone on the forum knows that $30K bought you a brand new Touring in 2008 with the unbelievable rebates they were offering but CAR.com does not reflect that. I have used autotrader with great success.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what you're referring to about buying new back in 2008, the sticker was like $42 then, and 30 barely got you an EXL RES on deal in 08. All that is not relevant in 2010 -

What's relevant TODAY - in 2010 - is that used 08 Tourings not even this nice show up at retail TODAY for $33,000 at Honda dealers and my asking price is 10% below that w/ HondaCare but without the mystery history aspect and with the benefits of a known car-nut Ody owner and upkeep to match. That Odys generally retain value better than, say, a Caravan is hardly a negative but simply a fact.

Further, to the former response, many who already own an Ody often upgrade or know others who are looking, not to mention those new members who research here before buying an Ody. That forum members already own an Ody does not preclude a potential customer base.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
whats the mileage?

it's a fair price, given it;s got an extended warranty.

we paid $30k for our '08 Touring in dec. '09 and the same condition minus the detail

LOL at a new '08 TOuring for $30k............BS

you'd prolly do better listing in on craigslist or local autotrader though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. 25600 miles on the odo. HondaCare is thru 10/14!

It's on cars.com.

(What many folks don't know is that prices on used cars right now have actually increased this year even as the cars age. I helped a friend watch the market for a 2 yr old car during winter, now those same exact models also 2 yrs old off-lease are 10% higher in cost at wholesale! Even older Odys outside of original warranty and with less equipment are hardly cheap, if you look around.)

In any case, this Touring is priced below dealer retail by 10%. If I wanted to wholesale it, I'm not very off of that value now with my current cars.com asking price of $30,298. I don't need or want to wholesale, so will wait for an educated, value-oriented retail customer with a more accurate memory of the car market in 2010 vs. 2008! LOL.

·
Registered
887 Posts
kbb trade which is the lowest book is still 28.5. That is without an expensive warranty. And I'm sure you have a service history...

still looks like a good deal to me. I have never heard of anyone buying a touring for 30 brand new. I also don't know if a vehicle has sold on the forum. But my membership only goes back 2 years.

·
Registered
778 Posts
whoa said:
Just wondering, why are you selling and what are you replacing it with?
I want to know too....

·
Registered
854 Posts
Good luck with your sale.

It can be really tough selling a late model high dollar vehicle privately.

In July 2008 I had to sell my '05 Touring when it had 43,000 miles on it. Carmax offered 21 or 21.5 so I put an ad on craigslist for a few dollars more. Had one couple come out. Even though I told them it was going to Carmax that week if not sold, they wanted to buy it for less than Carmax!

And so to Carmax it went.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Tri-C said:
Good luck with your sale.

It can be really tough selling a late model high dollar vehicle privately.

In July 2008 I had to sell my '05 Touring when it had 43,000 miles on it. Carmax offered 21 or 21.5 so I put an ad on craigslist for a few dollars more. Had one couple come out. Even though I told them it was going to Carmax that week if not sold, they wanted to buy it for less than Carmax!

And so to Carmax it went.

Let me guess, your reason for selling was a pax issue?:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very funny, PAX LOL. Reason for selling is a surprise for my wife, so it will wait until I'm ready to disclose - hint, I'm still here.

I have had good luck selling lightly used recent high-end vehicles, so remain optimistic. It only takes one, the right, buyer to call and see the car.
PM me with any referrals!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts