Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our Odyssey since July. No problem with the fuel cover before. Today went to the gas station and it will not open. Made sure the car was unlocked several times. Sliding door was shut. We have had a problem with the sliding door not opening from the inside when pushing the button so maybe it is connected to that issue. Tried searching and did not see anyone else with this issue, prior year models have had it. Just wondering if any one else has had this problem and is there a manual way from inside to open the fuel cover? Thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
We have had our Odyssey since July. No problem with the fuel cover before. Today went to the gas station and it will not open. Made sure the car was unlocked several times. Sliding door was shut. We have had a problem with the sliding door not opening from the inside when pushing the button so maybe it is connected to that issue. Tried searching and did not see anyone else with this issue, prior year models have had it. Just wondering if any one else has had this problem and is there a manual way from inside to open the fuel cover? Thanks

Here is the part from the owners manual. Not seeing a manual release.
Are you using the door unlock button on the drivers door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks, didnt have that in the smaller manual in the car. Yes, we unlocked from the driver door panel. We had not had this issue the last three months. Must be something with the sliding door issue we are having since the fuel cover is connected to the door (ie, door will not open if fuel cover is open for obvious reasons). We just wanted to have enough gas to get the dealership, lol.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
The printed manuals are several inches thick and there is nowhere to store them in the Ody.

Get the PDF version and load it on a 8" plus tablet and you'll be far happier even though scrolling through 700 pages can be a PITA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OP here, just thought I would update everyone on this issue. Took us awhile to get the car in for service, just a busy time of year for us and we wanted to take care of a few issues with the car in one service.
The issue with the fuel cover was related to an electrical switch that came loose or turned off. The driver side passenger door would not open from the inside so it was all related to this switch. All is working now.
We had an issue with a front sensor that kept going off while driving, that had to do with a code issue which was re-set. Finally the HDMI and USB port console facing the second row had to be replaced, the connection there had always been a little loose.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Make sure your door isn't locked. First couple times I filled up I locked my door when I got out cause I planned to go inside the gas station after I filled up, and the fuel door wouldn't open. Felt like such an idiot.
I did somewhat the similar thing, but took trash out of the ODY and went to the trash barrel and -beep- the ODY doors locked. Pulled the nozzle hose off from pump than stood there (how many minutes?) pushing the lid... After I realized what had happened, ODY 0001 Me 0000

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thanks, didnt have that in the smaller manual in the car. Yes, we unlocked from the driver door panel. We had not had this issue the last three months. Must be something with the sliding door issue we are having since the fuel cover is connected to the door (ie, door will not open if fuel cover is open for obvious reasons). We just wanted to have enough gas to get the dealership, lol.

How did you fix it? I went to the gas station and couldn’t open it.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
How did you fix it? I went to the gas station and couldn’t open it.

1. Also make certain that your interior doors are not locked including the rear tailgate.
2. You do not have open the drivers side sliding door.

Use this forums search engine. be sure you in the correct Forum as it does limit itself to that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its the door lock actuator ...i encoumtered the same issue i just diagnosed at the shop i work at ...replace the door lock actuator

1 - 19 of 19 Posts